Mazda5 Low Beam Headlights INOP!

3+5

:
07 Blk MS6, 74 Vette, 06 Plat MZ5. kids:02 P5, 92 RX7 TII
A search for related topics on this and other forums has turned up no results.

Our first problem with my '06 Mazda 5 touring since its purchase in June 05. With 65k miles, it's out of factory warranty and into the extended. If I can avoid bringing it in for this it will increase my chances of refund at 100k miles.

The headlights (BOTH, low beam) do not work. All other lights come on with the stalk switch, including the fogs if they are on. Hi Beams work fine, as does the flash-to-pass. Directionals and hazards ok. No other electrical problems in the car of any kind.

Troubleshooting so far:

Swapped relay with tail relay, H/L relay works fine to turn on tail lights, no go for T/L relay to turn on headlights.

All headlight fuses are good.

Without a wiring diagram for the 5, I wouldn't know if there was anything else I should check.

My main question:
Where is the ground location for each headlight in the Mazda 5? I'm thinking it's probably going to be the common denominator.

Any help, including diagrams or links to other forum info would be greatly appreciated. Please PM or email me any links not allowed, so it doesn't get moderated out of your response.

Thanks Hawk. Problem's solved. After my son came home & told me that the lights on the 5 were out, two of my daughters also came home with headlights out. I had to go with the hunch that it was the cold, and it was possible though not probable, that both the 5's bulbs could have blown the same day. Pulled the bulbs, and sure enough they were both broken filaments. Same day... Go figure.

Anyway, thanks a lot.

Back