Anyone have a how-to on installing hid fog lights? Also some questions...

MM BOOST

:
07 MS3 GT CB
Alright...I am about to order the apexcone replacement 6k 55w headlight bulbs and I am wanting to order a 6k 9006 fog light hid kit so I have a nice match. I've done alot of searching and can't quite find what I am looking for. Does anyone know of a how-to on installing the hid kit in the fogs or is it just a plug and play type deal? I installed a hid kit on my 03 eclipse in the headlights when I had it, but never put one on the fog lights...I just don't see how it would hook up. If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it!

Has anyone ever figured out how to run the fog lights to the parking lights for the ms3 GT models with stock hids?

Not 2 threadjack but, is there any difference between 35w and 55w besides brightness?

I'm just curious as to why there is a choice between the 2.

because the 55w are considered to be off road use only because they are much brighter than the 35w and can be considered illegal in some states.

ah, ok, got you.

& the fogs should hook up just like the heads BUT since you have a ms3, I cannot be for certain.

I believe ALL AFTERMARKET HID kits are for off road use only

Unless it's OEM, its illegal.

i never said it was fact. I am just saying I recall seeing on teh HID box the apexcone setup came in, it said for offroad use only, as well as the techone kit on callie's car

Yeah, it seems almost ALL aftermarket stuff says "for off road use only"

I don't know if its nation wide illegal but I know it is in Cali.

you just undo 3 bolts on the splash guard under the fog lights then you can bend the splash guard down a little and then you can pop in the fog lights.

hid's are only illegal when they are used in a headlight housing that wasn't manufactured to run hid's. So basically, if you put in HID kit in your car, and it doesnt have factory hid's, it's illegal.

but all you gotta do is tell the cop that they came stock on your car. I got pulled over for my hids on my old eclipse when I was in Kentucky one time driving through and he pulled me over because he thought I was high beaming him. But he just laughed it off and was like...man I need some of those for my cop car!! It would make life much easier! haha...its really not a big deal. If your headlights are not ridiculous lookin (neon green or purple), then you won't have problems.

also, proper aiming of your headlights when the HID's are in are CRITICAL!

But, as stated, if you install the HID's and aim the lights properly, it shoulnd't be a problem

Im Intrested.. I want to replace my unreliable halogens with HID's also. MM BOOST I think you should create the HOW-TO for installing HID fogs ;) haha

You will blind incoming cars with 55W HID low beams.
So, think about it twice.

i havent installed these yet but i have the same 9006 apexcone kit....now i took a quick peek under the car to see what i have to do and ok for the plug n play part....I plug the light power/wires to the ballast power/wires and the main power plug from the car goes to the light or the ballast? That mind sound confusing but if u have pics or decent instructions....thanks.

You will blind incoming cars with 55W HID low beams.
So, think about it twice.

Not true, I have the 55W in 8000K on my MS3 and I have not have a single car flash his lights at me because im blinding him, Just make sure you have your lights aimed low (AT THE STREET! Not the sky.) You should be fine, BTW 55W is VERY NICE! (2thumbs) I actually wish I would have gotten 10000k because I wanted it a little more blueish than whiteish.

Back