shoogerfree

:
07 MS3 GT Black mica
Painted my brake calipers.

before:
brakesbeforepaint.jpg

after:
brakesafterpaint.jpg

Nice, have any full car pics with them painted? I went the lazy route and painted the spring too, hope that doesnt matter...

Nice, have any full car pics with them painted? I went the lazy route and painted the spring too, hope that doesnt matter...

Thanks. I'll take some pics after I get the rears done. It was actually easier to take the spring off. I was able to get inside the small areas that way. I polished the spring with my dremel. I'm not sure how I like it. Thinking about painting the flat part of it black or maybe red. I'm going to leave the arms of the spring unpainted though.

nicee mann. i plan on painting mine black. white speed with bronze wheels red calipers just seems like itd look funny to me.

I heard the G2 caliper paint kit is a better product for the calipers than the Duli-color.

I heard the G2 caliper paint kit is a better product for the calipers than the Duli-color.

It should be for more than double the price. The dupli color looks just fine and works great for the price ($17), I did two coats and have plenty leftover to touch up the couple rock chips haha.

I had he dupicolor paint flake off on some of my attempts, so I hope your result is better. Whatever you do, the next time you're working down there don't forget that brake cleaner also cleans off paint!

besides that, looks like it came out good, did you do any sanding/prep or remove the caliper?

lets see some full car pix...

i was originally planning on doing red, but im thinking black now..want to keep a low profile...

I used G2 and it really was an amazing product. I have no experience with the duplicolor so i can't really compare but i'd say its already such a cheap mod just spend the extra 20 and use G2. I think the duplicolor is just paint in a spray can but the G2 uses a paint with an activator. Once the two are mixed the paint needs to be used within like 8 hours or so because it'll start to thicken. Once completely dry it turns to something similar to a very hard rubber. Doesn't seem possible that it'll chip.

Back