Electric windows after flat battery

BlueMamba

:
Mazda 5 Sport 2.0L
Hi all,

I stupidly left the vanity light on when i parked my Mazda 5 up for holidays. Consequently i returned to a flat battery.

Since then i cannot open all my windows from the drivers door. To start with i could only open mine...then i could open the passenger and then i could open the rear passenger after about 3 weeks. I put it down to the battery charge level but its now been 3 months and i cant open the driver side rear window.

I rememebr on my Golf there was a reset sequence to get them all working again...is there a similar thing to do on the Mazda5? something along the lines of opening all then shutting all etc?

BM

if all fuses are good try the following:

1. set ignition to "ON".

2. check if the blocking switch in the drivers side door is NOT locked

now make the following procedure for each window from its OWN switch in its own door:

(which meens use the switch in the passenger side door for the window in that door, NOT the switches in the drivers door, except the one for its own window)

3. start at one door and open the window fully

4. close the window fully BUT KEEP ON pressing the button for more than 2 seconds

5. repeat steps 3 + 4 for each other window, remember to use ONLY the switches in their doors, NOT the switches in the drivers door

6. done

good luck!

Back