coolant flow direction?

tiwing

14.4 @ 98
:
2003.5 MSP Ti
The pro is the first car I've had with the thermostat on the lower hose. Does coolant flow UP through the rad? Should the lower rad hose be hotter or colder than the upper?

hmmm, good question !!!

Try to understand gravity and it might give u a hint as how things flow.

yes - cold tends to fall. But I do know some systems are "reverse flow", and since everything I've ever worked on had the T-stat at the top rad hose and the top hose was always hotter, I didn't know if the proteges were different because the tstat is on the lower hose. Plus there's a pump pushing the fluid around so gravity really has nothing to do with it...

Coolant Flow = top to bottom

Think twice before u exclude gravity in this case man

no kidding. thanks man.

So the t-stat opens when coolant in the engine reaches 180ish and is fully open when coolant reaches 192. Coolant heats up through the engine and passes by the temp sender at the top rad hose, and cools down through the rad. the cooler water then would act to close the thermostat as it flows back in, increasing the temps in the engine...? Sounds backwards to me, but there are a lot of people know a lot more about this stuff than I do.

I used to play WoW

I am just patching up the original world of warcraft right now, because i used to play and starting again. When i used to play i had the burning crusade expansion and the only disc i can find from it is a disc called World of Warcraft Burning Crusade Game DVD, is that what i need to install it or do i have different discs somewhere or something? Thanks.____________________________________________________________wow goldbuy wow goldcheap wow goldworld of warcraft goldwow power leveling

Back