1step colder or 2 step colder plugs, need to decide which plugs before tune day(by C

johnac08

Will be getting a tune probably in 2 weeks. just waiting for speedie6 inlet pipe and should arrive today.
Just need your opinions before i get my tune. should i go w/ 1step colder(NGK) or 2 step colder plugs(HKS)?

before, i tested my car w/ 2step colder plugs, this is without the fmic, fullcontrol flash, dnp manifold, catchcan. The car doesnt really pull hard and idle is a little bit rough compared to 1step colder. so i installed back the 1step colder

yesterday, i installed back again the 2step colder and idle was a little bit better(maybe in my mind). car still doesnt really pull hard. compared to 1step. Probably during tuning Church can add timing on this.

I emailed Shawn Church about it and he said that i should go w/ 2step colder if i like to beat on the car.

What do you guys think?

anyway 1step or 2step colder my car still knocks at high rpms' even if you pull timing. running rich on that rpm and maximum timing i pulled was 3 degrees.

Back