A Guide to Turbocharging your 2.0L FS

after I turbocharged a friend's protege this week I had found more information:

added more info to the intercooling section about the msp radiator and what is needed with that

also added a section beginning to discuss ecu options, please feel free to give me your personal experiences and oppinions of different ecu options and I'll add it to the information

also added a note at the end about the AWR oil pan, which I had to deal with earlier today (er....yesterday now >.<)

added a diagram about the AWR oil pan problem that I ran into

but the post is maxed out at the maximum of 16,000 characters lol, so I cannot add anymore information! >.<

ok i have never installed a turbo... but in my defense im reall good when it comes to engine crap... it comes natual to me. but since i have never installed one... let me ask this. is hard to do... I found an manifild for the turbo to sit on.. are those universal turbo kits worth it. seriously!!!

no, don't get a universal kit...if you are going to boost the protege don't cheap out because this motor doesn't take kindly to boost

it's not difficult if you do your research, but if you don't do your research then it will bite you in the ass

Wish I knew what all that stuff meant. Is there a kit out there I can buy? I want a turbo in my protege but I don't feel confident enough to install myself. Any suggestions?

Hey I like the information you put up by I wanted to know would it be any different. For me doing that with my mx-6 fs ...if you could let me know I'm dying to know

the differences would be minimal, they would be more in relation to the ignition system and ecu than anything

idk if it's the same setup as the 93 ford probe FS I just pulled out, however so far the probe motor is exactly the same it's just got a distributor style ignition system and it's got less emissions restrictions on it...neither of these will affect this basic guide to what you will need to go turbo, no

LOTS of guys in that area i'm sure would be willing to lend a hand

please review the tuning section...the choice of which is the 'best' is really more up to you

Can anyone recommend a good installer in Columbus or Cincinnati Ohio areas?

There are quite a few members in the Cincinnati area who are/have boosted their Protege's (like me). lol. I'm about 10-30 min from Cincy depending on where i'm staying. There are a few other members within the area with MSP's or have boosted such as Sean22306 (MSP), Magnump5 (just sold his boosted P5). I only know of those two off the top of my head at the moment.

Great information!
I'm looking at bolting up a Turbo on my LX...
Picked up a stock MSP Manifold and Turbo dirt cheap, I think I am going to start piecing together what I need and do it through the winter :)

Back