A Guide to Turbocharging your 2.0L FS

its been a long time in this thread,but i have one question:
i am going to boost up my FS-DE,using MSP ecu for tune,where should i put MAF-on turbo air feed pipe or on boost pipe?asking,cause i saw both ways done,which is better?can stock FS-DE MAF handle boost?thanks in advance

This is awesome, thanks for the info! I figured I could just plug in a turbo ecu into my 01 ES 5 speed harness. You rock!

OK so quick question, you said that the STOCK BLOCK is not able to handle more than 10 psi. With that said, did you mean the actual block or just the stock components?

Components. Wrist pins are pressed into the rods. Pistons get too hot and grab the pins leaving no room for movement which bends the pencils (OOPS! sorry I meant rods), breaking them and sending them crashing through the block.

zoom

zoom

BOOM!

If you want real power, build the motor and turbo which puts you into it for at least $6-8k or find a better more power capable platform.

Thanks for the step by step on how to turbo a Protege. I've been looking on Ebay for a turbo kit for my 2002 Lx 5 spd manual and I want to know more about this t3/t4 hybrid setup. I'm planning to do a sleeper build and as for as the exhaust turbo manifold that is out on the market, I'm thinking about fabricating this and most of the piping for the exhaust system (to save money) I don't know which "size" turbo to get, please help

Thanks this is a lot of help for my prep work and does anyone have a garrett gt25 turbo build for protege5 just trying to get feed back that's what I am going to be putting in my p5 small turbo has dual ball bearings fast spool

Back