Thinking about buying a MS6

MATT DAMOND

:
Mazdaspeed 6
Hello all, I'm new to the forum, it was recommended to me by a friend with a MS3. I'm planning on getting a Speed 6 very soon, I drove one yesterday and fell in love with it. I've always liked Mazda, I was very close to buying a Speed 3 after my friend let me drive his. However, I like the MS6 better. For me the car will be more of a daily driver, yet it will most likely see a few track days.
I've already started searching for one, and I've developed a few questions, and I'm hoping to get some feedback.
Is there some sort-of buyers guide for the MS6?
Is the GT really worth it over the sport?
Are there any common issues with the car that I should look for?
I'm looking forward to getting to know the forum, and being a MS6 owner!

the car could use a wash, but I'll wait till it's double digit temperatures. here are a few pics I've taken.
maz4.jpg

maz1.jpg

maz2.jpg

maz3.jpg

maz6.jpg

Congratulations on your new speed6. I got a velocity red mica like yours (except mine has the two-tone leather) in October and have loved every second of owning it. I recommend looking up the link to the TSB list on the forums and seeing if any of them are effecting your car. If yours is an 06 with the type A clutch (described in the TSB info) you owe it to yourself to have your nearest Mazdaspeed Mazda dealer fix it for you. Just bring it to their attention and have it taken care of under warranty. The shifting improvement is unbelievable.

Congratulations on your new speed6. I got a velocity red mica like yours (except mine has the two-tone leather) in October and have loved every second of owning it. I recommend looking up the link to the TSB list on the forums and seeing if any of them are effecting your car. If yours is an 06 with the type A clutch (described in the TSB info) you owe it to yourself to have your nearest Mazdaspeed Mazda dealer fix it for you. Just bring it to their attention and have it taken care of under warranty. The shifting improvement is unbelievable.

Agreed. I have the same VRM speed6 that I purchased about 3 weeks ago. Just had the clutch TSB and fuel pump TSB done and the car is so much happier! I thought it was great before- now its even better! Congrats on the new ride... MS6's are sweet...

Never mind, I just bought one.

Congrats on your Speed6. I'm on my 3rd one as my first 2 met their maker a lil too soon. I chose a used Speed6 over getting the 09 6!(drive)

Attachments

• DSC01266.JPG
    DSC01266.JPG
    309.7 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC02555.JPG
    DSC02555.JPG
    432.9 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC02840.JPG
    DSC02840.JPG
    314.5 KB · Views: 161
Myriad, if you can, send me a pic of your seats, two tone sounds pretty awesome.
I'm actually going to the dealership tomorrow to get my power steering pump replaced, but I'm definitely going to ask about the TSB's. The clutch in the car, feels just like the symptoms that I read in the TSB. After I do my research, I'll see what else could be looked at.
Thanks again guys for the replies. This car is pure bliss, I'm gonna go drive it now.

wtf are you doing to your cars man?!!?!!?

Well technically neither accident was my fault. My 1st one I only had for a month with just over 1k miles on it. A lady turned left in front of me. A year later, 2nd Speed6, similar deal. I was speeding though.(drive)

These were the challengers.

Attachments

• DSC01265.JPG
    DSC01265.JPG
    325.2 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC02558.JPG
    DSC02558.JPG
    362 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
looks like you are in my neck of the woods. drop me a line if you need anything.
Thanks Captain KRM P5, I'm planning on getting the Protege Garage short ram intake, sometime in the near future. My friend's MS3 has the Cobb short ram, and he said that the Protege Garage one is almost identical.

Until then, I just left my car at the dealership to get the power steering issue fixed. They gave me a regular Mazda 6 as a loner. Looks like I'll be getting my Speed back Monday night.

Back