full size spare

RatLabGuy

Huh? What?
:
'03 p5 and '89 4Runner; M5 (wife's)
Is it at all possible to fit (squeeze) a full-size, or close enough spare tire in the stock space? And if so... any chance the snazzy subwoofer could still fit?

Blew a tire last weekend (prob another !@#$ tire thread here soon) last weekend, got me thinking about it. When I swapped on the donut, I tried fitting the bad one in there, couldn't get it to fit in, but it was 12:30 in BFE VA on the side of the highway w/ fam in the car and I didn't exactly spend > 15 secs on it.. and i have 205s.

On a similar note, anybody know the donut rim size and how big you can fit on it?

Is it at all possible to fit (squeeze) a full-size, or close enough spare tire in the stock space? And if so... any chance the snazzy subwoofer could still fit?

Blew a tire last weekend (prob another !@#$ tire thread here soon) last weekend, got me thinking about it. When I swapped on the donut, I tried fitting the bad one in there, couldn't get it to fit in, but it was 12:30 in BFE VA on the side of the highway w/ fam in the car and I didn't exactly spend > 15 secs on it.. and i have 205s.

On a similar note, anybody know the donut rim size and how big you can fit on it?

Maybe with the subwoofer setup's trunk floor. I know in my non-sub car even a Millenia Enkei alloy spare raises the floor to the point where I had to remove the foam blocks stuck on the underside.

JCell claims to have fitted a full size 17" wheel in his spare tire well. Don't know the details on how he did it or if the floor sits flush where it is suppose to.

I have mazda3 rim w/ 195/50/16 tire on. It fits in boot, but raises the floor little bit. I think I have to take those foam blocks away and see after that...

16" spare tire

Latest posts

Back