Cigarette lighter dead - not the fuse

The cigarette lighter/outlet in my MS6 doesn't have any power. I checked & swamped the fuse but that didn't fix the problem. Has anyone else run into/resolved this issue? I'm hoping to avoid a trip to the dealership. TIA for your help.

Its annoying to people who try to help others. It says that you have not tried to figure it out other than check the fuse. s*** do you even own a volt meter?

Many people say, it's not a fuse. Then they find they didnt check the engine bay Fuses. Also, some fuses dont look blown when in fact they are SLIGHTLY. Now, IF you checked BOTH places, checked ALL your fuses. and replaced the ones labeled as the cig lighter, and still no power, then you managed to fry the wiring. So you have to run a new circuit. It's not that hard.

Are you checking when the vehicle isn't in the ACC/ON position? The lighter doesn't work unless the key is present, same with the power plug inside the console.

Take a voltmeter outside and check for 12V in the lighter. If not, pull the center tunnel apart and check the leads to the lighter and see if they supply 12VDC. If that's still a no, make sure the fuse terminals supply it. Trace your wiring, then come back and let us know what you find.

If you don't own a volt meter, a simple one from Sears will work fine for under $40, just make sure it measures to mV, and it will be useful for many applications. My personal choice if you're going all out would be a Fluke 87.

I just fixed my mazda 626. The fuse is under the dash, it's labeled p.somthing i can't remember so yes try the fuse.. if you have any questions reply to my post..

Back