Fatti03msp's Build Thread

****'n boost'n 5th gear!!! That's why I stay out of 5th....90 mph in 4th gear sounds better anyway. I can't wait to see how this build goes. Good luck.

i usually dont boost in 5th gear but i ran out of gear in 4th. So i went into fifth and used it up a lil bit and then boom

****'n boost'n 5th gear!!! That's why I stay out of 5th....90 mph in 4th gear sounds better anyway. I can't wait to see how this build goes. Good luck.

doesn't that make it like 5k rpms or something crazy high like that?

if i had my car i would try it and let you know lol, but not car. But its not that terrible to boost in 5th if you are already going fast. its bad to boost in 5th when you doing 60 and go to get on it and just leave it in 5th. thats when its really bad

found out that alot of my stuff will be in tom. only thing im waiting on will be my block, oil and water pump, timing belt and thrust washers. So ill have some pics tom. of all the goodies.

doesn't that make it like 5k rpms or something crazy high like that?

Yeah around 5K. But these boys are fine at 5K infact I shift around there anyway. I used to shift at 4K until I was educated by this board. lol.

so i might be building my motor at a mazda dealer woot woot, parts store right next to me in case i run into any problem. Will be nice to be able to do all the work my self, there will def. be lots of pics if im get to build there at the dealer, all thanks to msp2009.

The title of the thread is.... (Please don't make me s-p-e-l-l it out for you.)

When I first saw this thread I thought it was about rebuilding an old (British) Mini, or perhaps a new one. I have experience and affection for those old PITA, but very fun to drive cars. I'm a glutton for punishment, like everyone who appreciates old British iron. It's what caught my interest, so I thought I would play on it.

Boy, you younger guys have no sense of humor. (lol)

lol. i didnt get it either cause i knew that he blew up his motor and he was mildly building it so i never thought of the mini car...

im not doing a full out build on my car so thats y i called it a min rebuild lol, but got alot parts in today will have pics today or tom.

The title of the thread is.... (Please don't make me s-p-e-l-l it out for you.)

When I first saw this thread I thought it was about rebuilding an old (British) Mini, or perhaps a new one. I have experience and affection for those old PITA, but very fun to drive cars. I'm a glutton for punishment, like everyone who appreciates old British iron. It's what caught my interest, so I thought I would play on it.

Boy, you younger guys have no sense of humor. (lol)

LOL The pointing up guys got me thinking it was something I had said. LOL I def have a sense of humor and OOHH BTW I'm kinda on the old side!! Doesn't growing up watching CHIPS, A-team, and Magnum PI count as old nowadays.
Or playing pitfall on ATARI!!

LOL The pointing up guys got me thinking it was something I had said. LOL I def have a sense of humor and OOHH BTW I'm kinda on the old side!! Doesn't growing up watching CHIPS, A-team, and Magnum PI count as old nowadays.
Or playing pitfall on ATARI!!

I was graduating HS and/or in college when those shows were on, Buddy (mid-late'70s.) (lol2) My wife was extracting her first child by then. (smash) Magnum PI came later, in the '80's, IIRC.
I was just (poke) w/ya' 'bout the sense of humor. But I had noticed that Fatti, our OP didn't seem to get it either... at first.
Oh well... I tried to add some comic relief, but alas... wasted effort. (cryhard)
Good luck on your rebuild Fatti!! It sounds like you're VERY excited about it and have things well under control.

Mostly when writing for those that do not know me very well. I prefer to avoid conflict and misunderstandings... not always easy to do when writing to someone else.

Pics look great!! Im almost jelous that you got to blow up your car, and not me...

Knockin on Wood, lol

Pics look great!! Im almost jelous that you got to blow up your car, and not me...

Knockin on Wood, lol

lol ya, but man is it killing me right now. Bumming rides and all the money is hurting, but once its all over i will be so freaking happy.

Last edited:
Hope you drive up to MTL and give me a ride!!
jsut remember that all the money you are spending is helping the economy recover... so you are doing us all a favor.

Back