Fatti03msp's Build Thread

so the car is mostly apart and have tons of stuff for sale including FMIC, Turbo Manifold, SSAFC, GT28RS and more

Tried to read all the specs on the motor build, as it's going to be swapped into my MSP in the next few weeks. What shop built it? Seems like you used good quality parts

sorry just seen this.... it was a local shop where I used to live. They mainly built wheel standing V8's but been using him to work on my cars since I first started driving.

Everything was new on that motor. Even the block was brand new. I spent way too much money haha.

but my shell was sold about 3 weeks and its heading back to PA.

So for me this concludes the story of #1270

Now to start a new chapter on my next MSP. Canadian model so production number haha.

Will be making a new thread eventually

ancient thread update, traded the titanium car for a 06 RX8 with a Petitt Racing Engine in it and a ton of other suspension mods.

The titanium did make some good power, made 361whp and 380wtq on the OEM MSP exhaust minus the cat and a CD DP.

I later then did a 3" mid pipe only setup and it made 382whp and 402wtq

car was stupid fast but I wanted RWD.. lost about 200whp in the trade but going from FWD to RWD is worth it. After a few AutoX events in the 8 I could not imagine ever going back to FWD haha.

will be doing alot of AutoX/Track Day events with this car.

Attachments

• 17629643_10212986350636856_5907329156963395359_n.jpg
    17629643_10212986350636856_5907329156963395359_n.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 415
Built motor and minor head work
JDM Cams
SRI
OEM Turbo Mani
GT2871
626 Intake Mani - Not ported
Haltech ECU
3" Exhaust - Mid Pipe Only
STi Pinks - they where maxed out pretty much.
Custom FMIC - not a super big setup

Was at 21psi

Could have made more but I was running out of fuel and the tuner didnt like want to push the limits of the pump gas too much.

car also had straight cut gears too which sounded awesome, car was stout and fast as hell. Just wanted to get into something new and RWD.

Damn that is awesome. I have been thinking of a Microsquirt setup, people have made it work and it is not difficult to install and tune but I can't find a lot of info on it.

Did you ever notice a knocking/ticking sound in the old forged motor you built a few years back? It has made the noise since I first installed the motor. It runs fine but makes an RPM-consistent noise. I thought it was an exhaust leak but I just replaced the mani, all gaskets, turbo and PS pump. I'm thinking now it may be the cams or timing belt/pullies.

I would love to make 300whp but if 350+ is possible without much work that would be amazing. Only hold back is the stock trans, dumping several grand into that is not something I want to do any time soon.

That car and my old car had the same tick, its just the valve train cause I had both cars looked at to make sure it was not something major.

Im spoiled on the RX8 with MazdaEdit Pro. OBD plug in standalone basically like Cobb but it give you a little more freedom and features.

I guess the Accessport was one of the better tuning options for the RX8, I still get asked about them pretty frequently at Cobb.

I am going to take a look at the timing belt setup, I think that may be where the noise is coming from. I will probably put a new gates racing belt and tensioner/idler/spring/water pump on it. Also have adjustable cam gears and a corksport exhaust cam to install along with a ZE intake manifold, a Perrin fuel rail and 440s. Plan to tune the setup with the help of one of the calibrators at work and see what it will do.

Would like to get a T28 but I just installed a new T25 so I will rock that for a bit.

Back