Steedspeed Turbo manifold w/ External Wastage

1st Dyno Run
2nd Dyno Run
3rd Dyno Run

Vids of my MSP and my buddies

When i first got the MSP, my first mod was a sticker lol

Mazdaspeed005.jpg

Mazdaspeed004.jpg

Install of Hiboost fmic, vibrant exhaust, and injen sri/cai - Literally a few weeks after i got the car... the dam mod bug kicked in

IMG_0034.jpg

25942790005_large.jpg

25942790006_large.jpg

25942790008_large.jpg

25942790014_large.jpg

Then all of a sudden.... The mod bug struck again.
25942790027_large.jpg

25942790024_large.jpg

25942790028_large.jpg

Install pics
Split Second

25942790033_large.jpg

25942790035_large.jpg

25942790037_large.jpg

The Beginning to the fuel pump, but after dealing with the screws i was too pissed to take pics haha
25942790034_large.jpg

Kartboy shifter and bushings and Redline custom shift boot.
25942790038_large.jpg

25942790041_large.jpg

25942790040_large.jpg

MSP032.jpg

Thunder Mani Install
25942790042_large.jpg

25942790068_large.jpg

25942790071_large.jpg

25942790076_large.jpg

MSP008.jpg

MSP003.jpg

Shots of the lip kit painted
25942790023_large.jpg

25942790020_large.jpg

25942790017_large.jpg

25942790032_large.jpg

^ Best pic imo that i have ever taken of my car

but the guy who did the paint failed and didnt put a clear coat over any of the painting he did, so alot of the paint around the MAZDASPEED has peeled off, and go figure they went out of business

Last edited:
So a few weeks ago i popped my motor doing some spirited driving with a few of my friends. Just heard a boom and the sound of metal hitting my car and the road and lost all power. When i came to stop there was a nice trail of oil from behind my car. So i knew it was bad. So had to call a tow truck company and they had to come pick up my poor lil baby haha. Well when the tow truck driver gets there he is not driving a flat bed like they told me he would be driving. So he gets the car up in the air and reassures me that it will be fine. So in the pissed off mood i was in said ok, mainly cause i just wanted to get the bar and get (drunk) lol.

So its Sunday the day after i popped the motor and i go to the shop that has my car. I walk to it and walk to the back to make sure everything ok, and its not (hand). The axle back is completely shifted to the left and there is a huge dent in my tip. Freaking great. So i call the tow truck company and there is nothing that can be done atm. I would have to call on monday.

So monday rolls around i call they tell me that they will get a guy down there to look at it and take some pics. So i spend all monday at work looking up will be the cheapest route for me go with building my motor.

Well i figure out what im doing and yes flame if you want i dont care i went with SU cause i was able to get a great deal. My order was going to consist of a build a block kit, BC racing coilover w/ the extensions, updated welded LSD and a new timing belt.

Motor specs:
# Brand New Block
# Oil Squirters
# Forged Rods:pauter Rod Set
# Rod Bearings:Set of 4 Clevite Bearings
# Piston Kits:CP Pistons: 8.5:1 CR/STD Bore
# Head Gasket:Cometic: 84.5mm/STD Bore
# Engine Gasket Kit:Yes w/o OEM Head Gasket
# Main Bearings:Clevite Set
# Thrust Washers:Clevite 2 Sets
# Head Studs:ARP Stud Kit
# Oil Pump:Yes Please
# Water Pump:Yes Please
# Cylinder Head:No Thanks

BC racing Coils
BCcoilovers.jpg

Front Upper Pillow Ball Mount - Included
Rear Upper Pillow Ball Mount - Included
Front Adjustable Camber - Yes
Rear Adjustable Camber - no
Front Spring Rates - 440
Rear Spring Rates - 220

30 Levels of Adjustable Damping Force
Fully Height Adjustable
Mono-Tube Design For Maximum Performance
One Year Limited Warranty

The extensions i mentioned im getting let you adjust the rear damping with out having to take off the read deck lid for those of you wondering.

im going to be ordering the rear camber plates once they get more in stock, they are 195 a set.

Im also picking up a PnP 626 mani

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So i talked to the tow truck company and they are saying that there is no way they did the damage and they wont be covering it, so that means i have to take them to court to get them to pay for a new exhaust, cause after what i just bought im broke as hell and there is no way im paying for something that i did break.

So that stuff all happen within the last 2 weeks.

Today my coils w/extensions and extension are getting shipped. My block, gasket kit, oil and water pump, timing belt and a few other things are getting shipped from mazda in NC, so that stuff should be in shortly too. The clevite bearings and apr stud kit should get shipped out next tuesday along with a couple of other thing.

I also talked to my mechanic today and he informed me that i pretty much wrapped my rod around my crank lol. So that means that i have to get a new crank now but my head should be ok.

So once all my stuff comes in me, my buddy Levi(theJeans) and Todd(MSP2009) will be building the short block at todd's work. He is a tech at a caddy dealer right next his work area is a mazda parts store to that will be nice in case we need something. But with me not having a garage and it being winter im not all about doing a motor swap on the side of the rode lol. So my mechanic is going to but finish up the work and put my motor in along with a new AWR rear MM, J-Spec Cam, Intake mani and my LSD. If i can wait, which wont happen im going to put the coils on in the spring and maybe drop to 16" rims and tuck the SOB's. The rims i have now are not tuck friendly.

But this is it so far i will have loads of info and pics once i get more of my stuff in.

Last edited:
Old parts that i had but finally got some pics up of it.

Some DG CF interior pieces and NSN intake mani spacer
IMG_0997.jpg

Stock intake mani PnP and the VCTS removed, going to get painted black before installed.

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

J-spec intake cam
IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

12/7/08

Got some of my parts in woot woot, waiting on the block, oil and water pump, gasket kit, crank, and gaskets. Then the building will begin. Cant wait!!!!!!

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

These are the extension for the rear and the new front endlinks.
IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

12/17/08

Pics of what the lovely tow truck driver says he didnt do to my exhaust.

IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

Shots from the shop thats working on my car.
IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

Look at that nice lil hole haha.
IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

If you look close enough you might be able to see all the lil pieces in there from the block and rod
IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

Here is a piece of my rod, not sure how they got it out of the motor though lol, didnt get a chance to ask lol.
IMG_1014.jpg

Pic of what the rod did to my starter.
IMG_1013.jpg

1/7/09

New Block, water pump, gasket kit and oil pump came and i got those over to my mechanic, also got some pics of the motor, the first two are of the hole on the other side of the motor. This one is def. alot bigger then the first hole i had pics of. You can see straight threw my motor threw the 2 holes. They are straight across from each other haha. My buddy can get my a brand new Windage Tray for 300 and might be getting a brand new OEM crank for 100 bucks. Once those two part are bought i will have everything to get the motor down.

DSC_0395.jpg

DSC_0397.jpg

DSC_0402.jpg

DSC_0403.jpg

Last edited:
2/26/09

Well my VC is done and i dropped off my intake mani to get powedercoated black chrome and i also got pics of what im rocking now, def. no MSP haha but still not bad. This is the same color of orange that im using for the wheels.

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

The polished letters are a lil dirty btw

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg

I also talked to my mechanic and the head is out should be done this week, im hoping to be running next month.

2/28/09

Got my intake mani back, no longer white yay

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

3/30/09

got some new pics, no motor pics though :(

Set of bridgestone potenza for AutoX, only using 2 of them for the rear

IMG_1051.jpg

ApexR1 Exhaust

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

FD wheels and the 245/45/16 tires im rocking for AutoX

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

Then the rest of my tires and rims i have in my living room haha

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

Last edited:
BC Coilover install pics
IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

Also the night my mirror was killed by a mopar lover, still think it was on purpose
IMG_1085.jpg

Then a fat half Italian hitler brought justice to the night by steeling all the beer from the mopar lover
IMG_1082.jpg

Coils got installed 3 or so hours after the motor was finished

These seats got installed awhile ago, but finally got some pics, also installed a MR2 harness bar, still needs a lil tweaking but is working out great.

DSC04996.jpg

DSC04979.jpg

DSC04981.jpg

Last edited:
Pics of the 505 Intake mani and failed attempt to running 245/45/17s up front

2011-08-13_13-12-15_210.jpg

2011-08-13_13-12-23_913.jpg

2011-08-13_13-55-34_871.jpg

2011-08-14_16-50-05_529.jpg

Last edited:
your head gasket and pistons dont match it says .20 bore over on the gasket and pistons are standard bore idk if it was a typeo or thats what you ordered

have your head pressure tested. I thought mine saw fine also until I put the car back together and found out it was cracked. I had it pressure test and they said it was good to go. After I pulled the head I sprayed carb cleaner on the #2 cyl. valves and it leaked right through. You might want to try that. My .02 good luck with the buid

i just turn the head up side down and pour some gas on the valves. its ok if they seep a little bit but they should not leak a whole lot.

your head gasket and pistons dont match it says .20 bore over on the gasket and pistons are standard bore idk if it was a typeo or thats what you ordered

ya it was a typo lol

but ya im going to have the head checked out to make sure its all good.

so i think im going to drop to 16" rims since im getting the coils and slamming the SOB haha, just not sure what rims so post up some rims guys if you want, im going to go with a name brand rim this time not a knock off set lol.

Question is, why did the motor blow KKKAAAAAAA BAAAAAAM!!!!

Boosting to high, 5th gear load what do you have for us.

Last edited:
Question is, why did the motor blow KKKAAAAAAA BAAAAAAM!!!!

Boosting to high, 5th gear load what do you have for us.

lol well had a few friends in the car and they wanted to see what it could do.i was stupid and went a lil to fast pretty much. and it just went. i was boosting about 11psi, i was in fifth when it blew though.

****'n boost'n 5th gear!!! That's why I stay out of 5th....90 mph in 4th gear sounds better anyway. I can't wait to see how this build goes. Good luck.

Back