Stock Deck Lifespan

krimsonviper

:
2010 Mazda3 i-Touring
How long is it, when it's been sitting on a metal rack in my carpeted bedroom?

Anybody know?(dunno)

My aftermarket one finally crapped out and I'm about to opt for a JL Cleansweep. I still have the stock deck, but I've had it out of the car for about a year+ now. I haven't taken the time to install it yet and don't want my to get my hopes up high. I heard that electronics simply fail after awhile, similar to when car batteries are left on a floor.

I figure this would be a good way to help up everyone's post count while getting a question answered.

Last edited:
How long is it, when it's been sitting on a metal rack in my carpeted bedroom?

Anybody know?(dunno)

My aftermarket one finally crapped out and I'm about to opt for a JL Cleansweep. I still have the stock deck, but I've had it out of the car for about a year+ now. I haven't taken the time to install it yet and don't want my to get my hopes up high. I heard that electronics simply fail after awhile, similar to when car batteries are left on a floor.

I figure this would be a good way to help up everyone's post count while getting a question answered.

car batteries fail because they are batteries. The radio should be 100% normal as long as it has no physical damage from being kicked or abused while it was out of the car.

Current electronics stored in a normal environment (minimal moisture, average temps) keep quite well. You should be good to go.

Rotus8:
I did have a cat pee on a speaker once, never worked again. I was so pissed off... (burn)

this may sound dumb, but why are you going to go through all the work of putting your old deck back in? if your going to be doing a complete clean sweep?

^^

You're right, it does sound dumb, because a Cleansweep isn't a deck...

^^

LOL! PWNED!

Thank you everyone who's responded. We'll find out if it works tomorrow. I'll have time to mess around with my system then.

And cat pee?(boom03)

Oh and BTW, your stock deck will be just fine like everyone else has already mentioned. I see no reason for it not to work even though it's just been collecting dust unless you left it out on your yard where it's been pissed on a daily basis!

Let us know how it goes as I'm doing the same probably after Christmas. Stock deck, JL Cleansweep and all JL amps, speakers and sub. Do you plan on tapping off the outputs at the deck or at the amp under the driver seat?

^^

woops my bad i should of made it more clear.....by cleansweep i meant completely changing over the entire system, from scratch (while keeping it after market)

......but then again i guess the idea of doing all that work for a deck that doesn't have dvd, or gps, or a RC.....really must not be dumb at all......

woops my bad i should of made it more clear.....by cleansweep i meant completely changing over the entire system, from scratch (while keeping it after market)

......but then again i guess the idea of doing all that work for a deck that doesn't have dvd, or gps, or a RC.....really must not be dumb at all......

I don't know if you're joking or what, but a Cleansweep is signal processor made by JL Audio that allows you to use aftermarket amps/speakers etc. with OEM HU. Sort of like a fancy LOC.

FWIW, many people would prefer excellent sound quality and tweakability over things like dvd and gps.

no no no.....i know what a cleansweep is, but i still believe if you get top quality parts for you're audio system, including a higher end head unit then you're sound quality and tweakability will be unsurpassed

.....things like GPS, DVD play back and other goodies are just bonuses

now if price is of concern then i could see were a cleansweep would come in handy....

now if price is of concern then i could see were a cleansweep would come in handy....

I'm glad I gave you the benefit of the doubt because this thread was headed nowhere if you didn't know what a Cleansweep was!

Price is not the issue but aesthetics and theft are, at least for me.

Back