MS3 wins another comparison test

C&D showed us that the MS3 is quicker than the Cobalt SS. I think a lot of the early SS tests were with "ringer" cars. C&D does not allow that.

Sadly, in the very same issue of January 2009 C&D, the same editors that had the MS3 mopping up all the other cars including not only the SS but also the GTI (which came in a distant second and lost to the MS3 in almost every category), ended up giving the dog slow GTI the nod over the MS3 for listing in the annual "Ten Best." The MS3 had been in 10 Best each of the two previous years.

That's BS not to list it again and we ought to let those jokers know that they can't sell the GTI as one of the 10 Best when the MS3 clobbered it in just about every category except for exhaust sound level. So, now quiet is better than zoom? The friggin GTI is 28 mph slower, gets worse gas mileage, stops slower, has lower skid pad and lane change speed, and is much slower in the quarter. WTF?

IMO the GTI is way over rated in this comparison test, too much emphasis on interior comfort

ya GTI, WTF great idea for a mazda license plate lol

yeah whats with ******* GLIs or GTI anyways? They are far overrated, on the outside they look like a female driven vehicles, there's a gap when it comes down to performance business with a speed3.

nice i just saw this on youtube myself. Was about to post it. reminds me why i bought the car! :)

"we love the plaid interior on the gti" how gay is that???? I personally think that plaid interior is nasty as s***. I like the ms3 sport seats with the carbon/silver look in the middle

^^^ bahahaha you know as I was watching it I tried to image what was exchanged or said amongst the reviewers...
basically the cool guy going "Hey that plaid interior... ehhh its not bad .... "
then everyone else who wanted to be cool agreeing.

I dunno I just couldn't imagine it.

haha oh you remember my argument about taking away the auto pilot and see what happens?

haha oh man, glad to see we're on top, again.

Get the actual Car and Driver issue and look at their listing of annual "Top Ten Cars." The Speed 3 has been in that group for 07 and 08. Now they put the GTI in that elite group, not the Speed 3.

Don't those guys read their own engineer's objective test results in the very same f*&%ing issue?

So you spank the GTI every way possible, win the comparo against it and a whole bunch of other hot small cars, and the car that comes in second goes into the "Top Ten?"

Back