FS: 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT - VRM 50k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

obylium

:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
No longer for sale. Keeping the car due to economic reasons.

Thanks for your interest. Please close this thread.

Last edited:
reopened for pics

thanks (2thumbs)

Last edited:
not to sound like a dick, but with that much mileage you will not get near that asking price.....i checked out possibly selling my 07 Speed3 a month or so back with 6,000 miles on it and all the dealers i went to only offered me s***, it was well below what you are trying to get for your 6 with 50,000 miles..You might be better off keeping it, its a fine looking car. Good luck.

Thanks for your opinion, but I think the speed3 slightly differs from the speed6 in price range. Granted yours was an 07 and lower miles. Dealers always ask for lower, because they raise the price to sell it back. I am not looking to keep it, as I am unable to so I will lower the price if necessary.

kbb lists good condition as 16.8 so I don't think my offer is that unreasonable.

bump for a good price... Selling it outright is always going to be a higher price than any dealer would ever offer...

Best of luck to ya, I'm selling mine too. Your price is way more reasonable than mine. Guess I better lower my asking price. (bolt)

Morning bump. New pictures will be added later this week. Stock coilovers are now installed.

Completely off topic but what dealer do you use for service? I'm going to Amato tomorrow for the first time.

Good luck with the sale! I grew up in Grafton.....

what type of car are you looking into getting? would you consider a trade for a silver 2003.5 mazdaspeed protege and some cash?

Not sure yet, but trades are out for now. Need to sell outright as I don't have the spare cash for the loan payoff if I trade.

I am selling for what may seem like a weird reason, but I just got out of a 4 year relationship. I need change and now am unable to keep the car, so it must go.

So you just got out of a 4 year relationship and are 'unable' to keep a car you've had for 6 months. Help me/us understand because that's just not making much sense. Does this car remind you of th ex SO MUCH that you just have to sell it? If so, I can understand that. At the same time... with such a sweet ride, I'd probably just give it some time and see if my mentality changes. There's a good chance that, assuming the above is true, that the association you have between your ex and this car will weaken quite significantly. In fact, you can expedite that process quite rapidly by taking some chicks out on dates. (I know the car won't hold you back there! Chicks dig red cars.) Having been through this sort of thing before... While it might take some time to get over her, I think you'll be surprised at how quickly your mind disassociates the car with her. It's part of our survival instinct really! Successful people are always adapting to make success come easier.

Aside from the fact that this is an awesome MS6... I wouldn't be recommending you rethink this if it wasn't for the fact that I don't even think you'd get what you're asking. Sites like KBB are complete crap. Unlike Galves (the only legit resource around) they're not using recent, local data to provide you with values. While they're not pulling numbers out of their ass... it's downright close. I'm convinced that their over-inflating is by design. Because they rely on the amount of hits they receive (notice all the advertising?) they're most likely just telling people what they want to hear. When's the last time ANYONE has EVER got what KBB said their car was worth? Exactly BTW... Galves has you listed in the low 14k range so take it for what it's worth.

Even with all that said though... If you're hell bent on selling it (and want to sell it closer to your asking price) it's worth pointing out that it's not impossible to sell your car for that price. While I don't think it would be a terrible deal for someone per se (this car suffers from the same lack of respect the MSP did... which kills its resale) the saying 'there's a sucker born every day' still fits.

So give it a shot. Can't hurt! But if you're truly selling it because of the ex (and willing to take a loss to boot!) I'd seriously reconsider if I were you. Assuming she F'ed you over... that would be another way for her to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back