Picked up a modded Speed 6

Picked it up on Monday.

07 Black Mica/Black Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring with every option and lots of extras. Picked it up with 2,200 miles on it from the Vice President of a Mazda Dealership in the greater Chicago area. He intended to make it a show car but then got his wife pregnant and decided to sell it. His loss was my gain. Picked the car up for the same price as many Speed 6's I saw with less options, more miles, and no modifications. The dealer also certified it so the warranty is good for 7 yrs/100k miles.

Included with the car was the following items:
Whiteline 24mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar
Ultimate Dual Port Blow Off Valve Kit
GHL Stainless Steel 3" DUAL Catback Exhaust System (With Resonator)
Billet Aluminum Rear Bone Engine Mount
Stainless Test Pipe (Catless)
MAZDASPEED Cold Air Intake System
MAZDASPEED Forged Aluminum Wheels
Car Cover
Clear Bra System
All Original Parts
All Receipts

Previous owner stated 330hp and 4.8 seconds for 0-60. I have yet to verify any of that information but hope to have it on a dyno sometime soon. It's noticeably faster than the stock 07 speed 6 I drove right before test driving this one. I assume it needs a proper tune to get any real benefits? Where do I start with that?

Overall I feel I got an excellent deal and I am extremely happy. I keep looking for reasons to go somewhere. I have had alot of fun cars including an 04 SRT-4, 05 GTO, 05 SRT6, 08 Impala SS, multiple Taurus SHO's, etc. and I think I found the perfect blend of them all. Only thing I'm concerned about is some of the engine problems I have been reading about. Speaking of which, how important is it to get a shield over my CAI? Seen a thread of two about water getting sucked into the engine. Also is there anyway to know if the clutch TSB has been performed?

First tank of gas was about 20 MPG which I'm happy with as I wasn't exactly highway cruising or gentle on the car.

I have been doing some research and trying to learn what I can. I want to add the IPOD interface but from my understanding if you have Siruis this is a no go? Can the minidisc player be added at least? Also any way to change the radio to automatically show the song name/artist without having to hit the info button so many times?

Onto the pictures. I cleaned it up tonight after I picked it up from the tint shop but it was already dark. I will add some more pictures tommorrow.

Far away shot (sorry it's dirty, stupid salt)
n212700468_30692100_3178.jpg

Rims
n212700468_30692097_2292.jpg

Exhaust
n212700468_30692104_7159.jpg

Tint (15% just had it done today)
n212700468_30692096_2023.jpg

With the mods you have listed me thinks the Horsepower number might be a tad embellished. I also heartily recommend an SRI as opposed to a CAI. Seems I have seen numerous hydro-lock threads.

Welcome aboard!!! :)

350 crank I feel is also embellished, let alone 350 wheel. Let's all use crank power for example. Power mods are catback (maybe 5 horses), intake (be kind with 20) and test pipe (10). So even if we take the stock engine crank at 265, add our 35, thats only 310 crank at the most.

I know people with intake, full exhaust, and reworked turbos who are just hitting 300whp. That number is not even close man, sorry.

Nice!!!! Now all you need is a drop and a HD lip. Welcome

I was looking at the HD lip mod yesterday actually, definately thinking about it. Probably wait till it's warm outside again though.

The drop, definately come summer time.

350 crank I feel is also embellished, let alone 350 wheel. Let's all use crank power for example. Power mods are catback (maybe 5 horses), intake (be kind with 20) and test pipe (10). So even if we take the stock engine crank at 265, add our 35, thats only 310 crank at the most.

I know people with intake, full exhaust, and reworked turbos who are just hitting 300whp. That number is not even close man, sorry.

Never said I believed him, I figured he embelished. I will get a dyno sometime in the near future and well see what it's really at.

Sounds like you scored one hell of a deal, especially with how much those mazdaspeed rims cost (but they look oh so nice). I agree that the hp numbers sound inflated since there is so much parasitic loss on this drivetrain. You should look into the stiffer rear diff brace and tranny mount to stiffen everything up so you can put that power to the road and greatly reduce the chance of breaking anything if you ever decide to go launching. Enjoy your new speed6 and welcome to the forums.

(2thumbs) Id love a MS6 personally.... someday when i decide to buy another mazda i know what im getting :)

The dealer also certified it so the warranty is good for 7 yrs/100k miles.

Wow, really!? I mean, everything else is great, and you got a gorgeous looking car, with some great mods on it already, but for some reason this was the part I was most impressed with. lol So even with the mods this warranty applies? Very nice! Welcome to the forums, I'm sure you're going to love this car.

Wow, really!? I mean, everything else is great, and you got a gorgeous looking car, with some great mods on it already, but for some reason this was the part I was most impressed with. lol So even with the mods this warranty applies? Very nice! Welcome to the forums, I'm sure you're going to love this car.

This was my concern as well, but since the guy I bought it from is the vice president of the dealership he said he will take care of anything that comes up. All the work was done at the dealership anyhow.

I cant find a car thats been on a regular service interval in a dealership and you bought one thats modded and got a guarantee.

Excelent!!!

Last edited:
Looks like you got an AMAZING deal. Considering the warranty won't be voided because of modifications. Enjoy her! =D

Back