Fog lights Not working

Aloger

:
2003Mazda Protege 5
Hi there

I had an accident with my protege 5 and one fog light was crushed and both stopped working, and 2 days later the light in my speedometer died. Now I got my car back from the body shop and the car is fixed and a new fog light assembly installed. The problem is that the fog lights dont work and the autobody shop said that since your speedometer light doesnt work, the fog lights wont work either. So they said you need to go elsewhere and fix the speedometer light and then your fog lights will work.

So my question is: Is the light in the speedometer the reason my fog lights dont work? Honestly I believe they are not connected but I can be wrong. Can someone help me please. Thank you so much

The speedometer light is a different problem. Have you checked the foglight fuse? It's in the fuse box under the hood. Does the fog light indicater on the dash come on?

Clifton

The bodyshop changed all the fuses and relays related to the fog light and they cant get them to work so they said once you change your speedometer light yourself the fog lights will work. I told them it isnt related and that you guys did somehting wrong since they were working before the accident and they still wont do anything about it. The speedometer light died 2 days after the accident so I dont know if it is related to the accident or just a coicidence that the bulb died at the same time.

hate to tell ya this but if it all worked before the bodyshop 'fixed' it, they did something wrong on the wiring. take it back to them and sit there untill they get it all fixed....i have a lot of prob with 2 body shops and my car...just make sure it's good

Yeah, there's no correlation between fog lights and speedo lights...is it all the lights behind the speedo, or just one? Either way, if this stuff happened as a result of the accident, they need to fix it all. I would also contact the insurance co that payed for the repair...maybe they can lean on the bodyshop.

Yeah, there's no correlation between fog lights and speedo lights...is it all the lights behind the speedo, or just one? Either way, if this stuff happened as a result of the accident, they need to fix it all. I would also contact the insurance co that payed for the repair...maybe they can lean on the bodyshop.

yeah what he said.....a body shop screwed up putting my doors on and i went straight to progressive....prog got it done right at a different shop....your insurance company should have you back and they should def resolve that issue

There is just one dead light in the speedometer, so from 0km/hr to 100km/hr there is no light but from 100km/hr to 220km/hr the light works. Yes, mine is a canadian p5 so I am dealing with the insurance corporation of british columbia. I contacted my insurance company and they told me to take it to a mazda dealer so they can find out if the two are connected (the speedometer and the fog lights) if they are then I will have to pay to get the car fixed, if they aren't related the insurance corporation will pay to have the car fog lights fixed.

I just need to figure out if the speedometer light died because of the accident or was it just a coincidence and the light happened to just die. The P5 only has 43,000 km on it which is nothing and I have owned it since new and never had one problem with it till the accident.

Thanks for the responses guys

My guess is that the speedo is just a coincidence. You could always change the bulb, say that the light came back on, and just get them to fix the fogs. I have replaced 3 bulbs in my instrument cluster in the 18months I've owned the car...:-(

Mazdaspeedster: That is exactly what I wanted to do, just change the bulb and get the speedometer to work, and then go rage on the body shop but the thing is I have no time to change the light, I have 2 papers and three finals to do in the next 2 weeks but I just want my car fixed!!!!! Accidents and body shops are a headache :(((

I hear you on the papers and finals...I've got plenty coming this week as well. Let the burden for getting this fixed fall on them...expect your insurance co to do the work for you and don't accept the car back until you are satisfied. Good luck!

Back