Exhaust Manifold removal...

BlueWolfCry

:
02 LX, 03 MSP
I'm trying to remove the last 2 bolts on the manifold. There's no good grip and a socket can't get in there with the wrench...any suggestions? I figure I'd ask before I strip the **** out of them...

Also, I see how did you guys disconnect the oil and coolant. There is this purple bracket with an allen bolt which I stripped. The damn this holds the oil line which looks like it can't come out...Help me please...

have you tried a swivel adapter and a breaker bar? Do you have a mini-pneumatic (1/4") ratchet.. they work wonders on FS engines.

also the top left bolt tore in half...I don't think it's a big deal, but any ideas what the hell do with it?...

how are you going to get it out of your head? unless it is barley hanging out. i would not go with a air ratchet, but with 1/4 drive ratchet.

s***, it ain't working....I don't want to put more force in it and break another bolt...what do you guys suggest?...

Ok so I got the extractor set and everything...gonna take it out tonight. Just a question, do I need to buy the $6 per bolt bolts from mazda or can I just use grade 8 bolts from Ace Hardware?..sorry for the newb questions, I just don't see how they are worth $6 and rust like s***.

Also, can we use any anti thread locking agent on these items? What brand do you guys recommend? Thanks

Any stainless bolts from the hardware store will work and be cheaper than the dealer. Use lock washers instead of thread locker on the exhaust hardware.

Latest posts

Back