Newbie - 06 Mazda6 Grand Touring

vas6s

:
2006 Mazda6 S Grand Touring
Hey everyone, I just picked up a 06 Mazda6 Grand Sport with HID's, BOSE, htd leather, 18's. 33K miles (attn). I am really liking it so far, I've had it for a couple of days. I come from Acurazine where I am frequently hanging out. I may have some stupid questions, but will try to search first. I am very excited about joining this forum(dance). I have been active at Nissan, Lexus and Acurazine forums in the last few years.

How is the warranty with Mazda's? Is it fairly simple to go in and get stuff done? What makes me nervous is the statement Mazda warrants that new 2006 Mazda cars and trucks will be free of defects with normal use and prescribed maintenance for 48 months or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. I don't have any records of services, so if my engine blows tomorrow, will I get a new one with no records?

A little about myself: I worked at a used car lot for about 4 years until 6 months ago. I did a lot of buying, selling, managing, marketing, advertising, etc there and am now a marketing consultant for Honda service departments.

Mazdafront.jpg

mazdaside.jpg

mazdainside.jpg

mazdawheel.jpg

Last edited:
As far as you warranty question, seems with Mazda's it is all about which dealer you pick. One dealer here in the Tampa area seems very cool on warranty with mods..the other pretty much wont help you. That is really the only experience on the subject I can give you. BUT! we have a lot of folks here who can chime in and help ya out.

Oh yea...sweet car!

Thanks! I'm going to probably take it in next week and just get an oil change. I want to scope out the local dealer. I'm going to try to detail it this weekend and take some normal pictures.

Thanks. Well I ran a carfax on it and i have oil change records on there up to 22K miles so that should be enough. I'll make sure I document everything from now on. I'm probably not going to be modding the car so I'm not worrying about that. Just need to get tints asap.

Good call, window tint finishes off a silver car. Also helps the heat factor in summer especially with a black interior.

Got some new pics; sorry no interior pictures, they turned out very blurry. Here are some exterior pics. I just washed/waxed/shampood/polished the entire car inside and out. :) It's at the shop right now getting tinted (nana)
P1011445.jpg

P1011439.jpg

P1011441.jpg

P1011442.jpg

P1011440.jpg

The car is like new inside and out.(drinks)

Back