Remote Start Issues

CXRabbit

:
2009 CX-9 TR +Kenwood DNX7020EX
Hey guys,

Haven't been around for a while... still driving and lovin' the CX-7 (especially now that gas prices have dropped again - LOL)... however, I'm having a problem with the remote start. Was hoping maybe one of you guys have heard of this and/or know what the issue might be.

I have the smart key system and the factory Mazda remote starter.

If I'm sitting in the car, it works. If I'm outside the car away from it it doesn't. The shop that installed it said it needed reprogramming, so we went through the steps. That seemed to fix it. However, when I got the car home, it went back to not working.

Anyone know of anything? I can and will take it back to the installers, however, they don't do a lot of factory systems (we didn't use aftermarket because it doesn't "play nice" with the smart key) so any tips from people who know would only be helpful.

Anyone know the reprogramming steps? Where I could download the installation manual?

Thanks!

Amy

Nice to see you again Amy. Sure is nice to see the gas dip to $1.72/gal hehehehe. Anyways, don't you have two remote keyfobs? Have you tried both? I will just take it to the dealer since its an OEM and will be covered under warranty.

Hey Shaz,

Yeah, the dealer uses the same installer I do, so they'll just refer me there. It is covered... I just wanted to make sure there aren't some "known issues" out there so I'll have all the info when I take it back to the installer.

Just detailed the interior of my CX-7 today and she looks so nice ;)... exterior tomorrow. Got a road trip this weekend and was hoping the remote start would be fixed by then, but alas...

Hey guys,

Haven't been around for a while... still driving and lovin' the CX-7 (especially now that gas prices have dropped again - LOL)... however, I'm having a problem with the remote start. Was hoping maybe one of you guys have heard of this and/or know what the issue might be.

I have the smart key system and the factory Mazda remote starter.

If I'm sitting in the car, it works. If I'm outside the car away from it it doesn't. The shop that installed it said it needed reprogramming, so we went through the steps. That seemed to fix it. However, when I got the car home, it went back to not working.

Anyone know of anything? I can and will take it back to the installers, however, they don't do a lot of factory systems (we didn't use aftermarket because it doesn't "play nice" with the smart key) so any tips from people who know would only be helpful.

Anyone know the reprogramming steps? Where I could download the installation manual?

Thanks!

Amy

Pretty simple. Probably has something to do with your aura...It works when you're sitting in the car and when you're not, it doesn't work. (rlaugh)

Amy

What was the out come of your remote start issue? I had the same problem
in September they told me the wiring harness was loose when I was still under warranty and now this week it started doing it again. I can start from within the car but not outside it. Mine goes through the motions lights flash, horn toots, doors lock, and then it just repeats itself until I get in.

Eddie

Back