New Car Woes.

Synapse2k

In mid-october I bought a brand new cx-9, fully loaded with navi, bluetooth, ipod adapter, etc. etc.

Yesterday as I was picking someone up from the airport I had the door open and out of nowhere someone hit me. I was just wondering if anyone here could tell me the extent of the damage. The door is slightly damaged on the edge, and is not aligning properly with the front fender. I will attach pics. I would appreciate if anyone can tell me a fair price for this repair.

The biggest concern to me isn't the repair bill, it is the difficult that body shops have matching paint colors. It is going to be very disappointing to have a door with a slightly different shade of blue than the rest of the car, less than a month after it was purchased.
abeef261_md.jpg

a334ba1c_md.jpg

627f2981_md.jpg

5edbb429_md.jpg

ed198708_md.jpg

3d830bb0_md.jpg

d2bfc6b6_md.jpg

507d2b90_md.jpg

0823ae49_md.jpg

At minimum, you will need a new door skin (assuming the door frame itself has not warped, which it does not appear to be), and probably two hours alignment time for the door (assuming the door hinges are not broken or bent beyond repair). Your front fender has been scraped by the door, so that will be refinished. If you have color mismatch, it won't be just the driver door, it will be blended across the entire driver side, so if done professionally, it should look good. Fortunately, the color is not a heavy silver metallic, so a reasonable paint match is not too much to ask for.

Door handles and trim work should be removed prior to refinishing for a first class job.

Total damage in my humble estimation, $3,400.

Back