Tire Dilemma

Super Unique

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3 Black Mica
I am making a trip to new england for the thanksgiving holiday and needed to replace my summer only tires with something more appropriate. Being in a hurry didn't help my situation any and I realize that. I was watching the weather in hopes it wouldn't be that bad for the holiday week, but at the last minute it is turning sour quickly.

That being said, on my way home from work today I stopped in at tire kingdom and explained my situation, requesting an appropriate all season tire to fit my need. Well, upon getting it home in the dark I realized that they installed sumitomo HTRZ III tires, which are somewhat vague on their cold weather tendencies.

Is this a suitable all around tire which will only be used in a cold climate on occaison, and then only for limited use, or am I tempting fate by traveling on cold weather interstates with this tire?

I have an opportunity to get something different on a no cost trade out but choices in this size are limited to say the least.

They offered a no cost trade into falken fk452, goodyear eagle gt, or bf goodrich gforce kdw, all of which also seem to be summer type tires...

Options and opinions?

so out of the choices given here and available readily locally before my trip, I am leaning towards the eagle GT since they are clearly rated all season and will be ok in cold/freezing weather.

Any reason not to pick the Eagle GT for all around highway cruising?

Got the Goodyear Eagle GT mounted up today, They seemed decent on the way home. I haven't pushed them at all but they rode quiet and comfortable. Give them a good breakin on my trip north later this week.

Back