MS6 Spring help please (H&R? Others?)

Phartenajar

:
Mazda, MazdaSpeed 6
I am trying to figure out which springs to go with. I have been reading, but still have questions. I would prefer to go with a big brand with history/reputation. I have heard stories about small spring companies making springs that have inconsistent spring rates between same part number springs (poor quality control) and others that end up sagging over time. I want to go with linear springs and with either the same spring rate as stock or a little firmer. I would also like at least an inch of drop, but not so much that I beat my stock shocks up too much.

From what I have read, I don't want to go with the Eibachs, since I want to go with linear springs and just a little firmer. I have read that both are progressive and that one or both of their offerings are actually softer than stock (at least initially - progressive).

The other big and respected name (as far as what I recognize as having been around) is H&R. The "Mazda6/MS6 Lowering Options" sticky thread has H&R listed for the regular 6 and not the MS6. Street Unit has H&R springs listed for the MS6 with a different price and part number than the springs listed for the regular 6. For the MS6 does anyone know anything about the spring rates? Maybe a verification of the advertised drop?

It seems Mazdaspeed doesn't make a set for the MS6. Is this correct?

Finally if some other brand fits my needs (linear, stock or a little higher spring rates, and good drop w/out killing my shocks) can you guys make me feel better about buying a name I am not familiar with?

I know this is a lot of questions, but your help is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks a lot.
Jeff

Last edited:
look up RPM springs i have H&R springs.. spring rate i have no idea but they're close to stock because they're very comfortable, i purposely bought the H&R purely for the looks and i love it.

Does anybody know H&R's spring rates and whether they are progressive or linear (for the MS6)?

Anyone want to suggest other brands that might meet the requirements I am looking for (see top of post please)?

Thanks in advance.
Jeff

Back