CD player is frozen

Shervin

Anyone encountered an issue where the CD Play (6 disc) freezes and wont function (eject/change dis/nothing works) even after turning off/on the car. Radio/Sat/Media work fine but CD player is frozen and the only that works in that mode is the volume/mute.

Sometimes this works, sometimes not: Unhook your battery, leave it for a minute, and hook it back up. I've seen some car stereos start spitting out CDs when you do that. Can't hurt to try.

It can be semi-common with in dash CD changers, especially if you have any discs in it with adhesive labels. Also some changers dislike certain brands of CDs...... I think they're thicker or heavier or something.

In any case these changers jamming happens. If they don't come out with the battery trick you could either try disassembling the changer yourself, or if you're under warranty they'll generally replace the HU and send it off to get your CD's out. They'll mail them back to you but they could be awhile in coming.

My Cd palyer is getting replaced under warranty, it did the same thing usually on colder days. Master tech told me it's common problem with our cd players.

If you cant repeat it at the dealership, get that s*** on camera lol!

My CD player just stopped working aswell and it's bloody freezing outside I think also it could be from the cold weather unfortunately :/

Back