Snow chains on a 2WD...

:
CX7 2007 Sports
Hi there, snow season is just around the corner and unfortunately, even when the car (& driver) can handle it without chains up to a point, we're required in Cali to have snow chains on 2 wheel drive SUVs...

What snow tires would you guys recommend? I don't go up often enough to justify buying snow tires... but a good pair of easy-and-quick to install (and remove) tire chains or cables would be great.

If you also have a place you would recomment to purchase your recommended solution, I'd be glad to read it too :)

My CX7 is a 2007 Sport version. Wheels and tires are the factory ones

Thanks in advance!

-Matt

Hi there, snow season is just around the corner and unfortunately, even when the car (& driver) can handle it without chains up to a point, we're required in Cali to have snow chains on 2 wheel drive SUVs...

check to see if they mean fwd suvs....might not be a requirment for ya

Got stopped by CHP last winter with a 2WD 2008 Suburban... unfortunately they do mean it (and enforce it) when there is a substantial amount of snow

Yes, correct but that's not helping at all. CHP requires chains and no exceptions are taken...

Anybody has a recommendation on what kind of snow chains/cables are best for a CX7 and where to get it?

Thanks!

well on your post you have suv's not all cars so i didn't know... i do know that in wv when they would put up those kind of requirements FWD and AWD were not required to use chains but RWD were.....sorry

Back