Lack of Power TSB without warranty

alias747

Hey guys,

I'm new around here as I just picked up my first Mazda ever about 3 weeks ago. A 2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT. I really love the feel of the car for sure. The issue I have is that at some point the car was side swiped and some jerk decided he didn't want to pay for the damages and so the car was branded a total loss and now it has a "Prior salvage" title and of course, no warranty. So anyway, I am experiencing the ever prevalent 'hesitation" going into boost and the car doesn't feel as strong sometimes. How would you go about getting this fixed without having the assistance of the warranty? I went to my local Mazda dealer today and found out the fuel pump is over $450 alone... RAPE! Just looking for some insight.

I also feel that the stock tuning is a bit retarded. It feels weak in 3rd but I pretty much get instant boost in 5th... I don't understand. Should I just get a new fuel pump and then get an aftermarket tune? I hear the CP-E full control tune is real nice but I have had very little time to look into tuning for this car yet as I am trying to sell my other car. Once I get down to 1 payment then it is time to have a little fun with this guy! (2thumbs)

Back