So how does everyone like there eibach prokit?

09speed3

:
09 speed 3 gt
I been looking to lower my car and I seen that eibach came out with the prokit for our car. So I was just wondering for the people who have it on there car how do u like it, how's the drop? Is it bouncy? Does it have a nice stance to it now?. And also if u have pictures of your car lowered on the eibach prokit springs please post them up.

I have searched and found a couple of threads about it but I want to be 100% sure about it .

I do like like it, saying that though after Ive had the good break in. They are fine for street use, but the shocks could be changed out. Im at 27k on the shocks, and I feel the dampening isnt there or right. But they did make a great improvement! I think have a front sway bar as well as a rear would make the car great

I like them a lot. The drop is perfect in my book, it is a bit bouncy but MI roads suck, I'm going to combine it with the cobb RSB eventually i think that will be a perfect setup for less than $400 and not going full coilovers.

Heres the link to my pictures, I think the springs have settled some since I took these. Oh and the alignment was fine after doing them, i paid $50 to have them tell me it was still in spec.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123722021

Anytime you increase spring rates without increasing damping rates you'll get bounce. How much bouce you end up with is dependant upon how much you increase the spring rate over the stock rate. The more the shock is overpowered by the spring, the more bouncy your ride will be. If you don't want that, upgrade your shocks along with the springs.

im lookin at buying an eibach pro kit with 1.0 drop in front and back but i have huge tires on my car 215/50 x 17 and im worried about the rub, which is why im only looking at a suttle drop. help?

It's stiffer than stock, for sure. I don't really notice added bounce.
IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

Been looking at the Eibach and Cobb springs but.......

That looks like mine does now stock. I've got one finger gap in the rear and 2 fingers in the front. My car rolled off the showroom, but I know for sure it doesn't have coilovers or anything. Could mine be altered or broken? Different springs?

nice looking drop there...subtle. in my book, not everything needs to be dragging nuts to look good :D

Last edited:
Just installed my Pro Kit springs yesterday. The car looks great and handles much better.

Here are some photos:

http://s423.photobucket.com/albums/pp312/SingleFin1969/MazdaSpeed Mods/?albumview=slideshow

Wow you got that done quick. My next step is the cobb RSB. How does it feel with both the springs and the sway?

I've driven a ms3 with just the rsb and mine with just the springs, i think the combo would be great. Lock that rear end down, maybe eventually get a mid brace.

Wow you got that done quick. My next step is the cobb RSB. How does it feel with both the springs and the sway?

I've driven a ms3 with just the rsb and mine with just the springs, i think the combo would be great. Lock that rear end down, maybe eventually get a mid brace.

Yeah, the "how to" section on this forum helped a ton. I installed the RSB first, since it came last week. It made a big difference in how the car moved side to side and turned. With the springs installed now, to be honest, it feels like a totally different car. As stock, it is a family 5 door, but now it seems to be more of a sports car. Body roll and acceleration lift are really reduced. Anyway, thanks to you and your good advice.

Glad to hear it, cant wait to get my RSB, the only thing is the endlink bolts keep coming loose on some peoples, even with loctite so make sure to watch those.

So the consensus is for better performance and overall drivability to go with Eibach instead of Cobb?

I have no experience with the cobb springs but thats what it seems like. Price on the eibach's is better too, cobb commands a premium for their parts that i dont know if its worth it. Then you also have to have everything in blue.

Back