MP3 Mileage check

:
2001 Mazda Protege MP3
My MP3 is sitting at 125,500 miles with stock motor and tranny, they havent been replaced at all. Lets hear what everyone else is at :)

I'm just shy of 68,000 miles. Bought the car almost 2 years ago with 56k. I live less than 2 miles from work and I try to ride my mountain bike as much as possible, so that's how I keep the mileage low.

~115,000 miles, original engine and tranny, but MANY upgrades means some "systems" have been entirely changed (brakes, suspension, exhaust...)

Wife's car is sitting at 119,800 today.

Both rear calipers ended up leaking and I replaced them. One of the front hubs got warped but that was from a nasty encounter with a curb I suspect.

Kuhmo tires I bought last Dec are shot (25,000 miles in less than a year *gulp*) which probably means the suspension has at least some components that need replacing. I know one of the rear struts was leaking a few months ago. So it's sitting at the shop. Unfortunately no one local carries 205/45/17 so I'm thinking about getting the all season eagle F1s from tirerack. Also having NTB flush the brakes while it's up there as the pedal shudders a bit.

Anyone have a recommendation for a full strut/spring replacement package? I can do the installation myself. Not looking to lower it or change ride quality.
(Two lowered corner carver cars is enough.)

I also suspect I should change the timing belt. Not sure when Mazda recommends but 120,000 miles seems like borrowed time. Is this something I can tackle myself? Mechanically I can do just about anything on a Ford 5.0 or 4.6 but I've never touched her motor.

I haven't changed the clutch yet either. It's not slipping but it does feel a little weak. Not sure if it's the clutch or the slave cylinder, anyone have any advice on how to tell?

Thanks guys

Last edited:
so my mileage will be stuck on 61XXX forever

ripjoy1.jpg

ripjoy2.jpg

ripjoy3.jpg

just happend like 2 hours ago. girl that hit me was okay and im good, for now. havin a hard time sleeping cuz im still kinda shocked.

most likely. just wait till u see the pictures. good to know that my injuries were minimal. just the typical seatbelt and airbag bruise & injuries. doctor said i was lucky. i say i was blessed

Back