P5 rust

:
2014 Mazda 3 i Grand Touring
Any of you had any luck getting Mazda USA to cover any corrosion in the usual places?

I have some on the passenger side rear wheel well where it meets the plastic bumper and my warranty is nearing an end.

Any advise on how to have covered or does it vary from dealer to dealer?

yes.

I had some rust behind the Protege5 badge on the back. A rule for them is the rust has to come through the paint, or in my case that's way they told me. So allitle poke with a needle solved the problem and I got the warranty work done. But the work quality was poor at best. (protest)

I would suggest you sand as much off as you can, spray it with some primer, then get some rubberized wheel well liner spray and spray your wheel well with that stuff.

What's the end of the rust warranty? I have just now noticed some wheel well rust, and I would love to get it covered, but I think I am out of the mileage...

oh snap! 596XX right now!

So, would that cover my hood disintigrating on the front tips?

I'm under 5 years, but worried that Mazda and the Dealer are going to be playing games in not covering it. I only have 56K miles and the rest of the paint is in excellent shape. Rust is the result of the two parts rubbing together, exposing the metal and corrosion starting on the metal panel.

Any advise on how to approach the dealer? Keep in mind I live in NJ and the dealers are less than helpful.

took it by the dealer and they have to have the regional manager for Mazda look at it to make a determination. My fear, is it's just to deliver the bad news that they won't cover it. Problem is next month when he comes by, I'm going to be over in Asia and then I have to wait till January and the warranty will be expired.

Wish me luck.

Back