Good Days and Bad Days

:
06 Mazdaspeed 6
So call me crazy but for some reason my ms6 feels faster at certain times. Ive been paying particular attention to this and it just seems that some days it pulls like a raped ape and some days its just blah. I know outside temp has a lot to do with things but its been a consistent 50 degrees the last week here and its driving me nuts. Ive been watching my psi on my ap closely and its been pretty consistent (spikes between 19 and 20) Maybe im just going insane. (puke)

you know what i feel that to. but sometimes i think it might just be me.

sometimes i'll get on it and pulls hard, and sometimes not so much.

Mine also feels that way many days. It's not only the temperature of the air but also humidity, fuel, etc., etc., however, even with that it still seems "odd" some days.

You're not alone...i thought it was me too...

My car sometimes go to wtf mode....certain times it kicks it up a notch

I agree i just thought i was getting used to it so it just felt like it did not pull as hard... i dunno!

That's funny i feel like that as well. Sometimes she feels calm and relaxed. Then other times we have to have a heart to heart about rocketing out of a stop. I wonder if the performance stays the same but our perception or ability to handle it is the one that changes?

That's funny i feel like that as well. Sometimes she feels calm and relaxed. Then other times we have to have a heart to heart about rocketing out of a stop. I wonder if the performance stays the same but our perception or ability to handle it is the one that changes?

That would be my guess dont really know the science behind it! (uhm)

Definately not just you. I was upset yesterday because I was running my car hard and it didn't feel too fast. Today I stepped on it through 1st and 2nd and good god it felt amazing. The shifting is the same way. Sometimes I can't shift smoothly if my life depended on it. I guess the car really is a woman.

Someone needs to test this and take out the variables.....

Doesnt one of those Dashhawks kinda show you your boost, acceleration, etc?

If not.... who has an iPhone? Download the Pocket Dyno application and test the "horsepower" estimate it gives you. It also gives you your 0-60 time.

(bolt)(bolt)I work midnights and its cool around that time,i have a k&n filter and i have to say,when i push 3RD gear i'm like "oOH YEA" but when i push fourth,it sounds like someone is outside my car with a huge straw sucking really hard!!! crazy!!

Mine feels different all the time. At first I thought the difference in shift feel was because I wear different shoes a lot of the time, but then I realized even with my comfy Sketchers the car can just feel "right" some days, and everything's smooth and strong. then some days it feels a little "off". Shifting is more difficult, the power doesn't seem to be there... I think you're right coyfish, the Speed6 is definitely a woman.

or it could be just so many parameters dictate what happens every time you demand acceleration from the car.

theres gotta be a way to make it more consistent......or at least predictable.

Damn i thought i was the only one. I also feel like theres days where it just doesnt pull as hard. Other days it feels like it finally woke from the dead. And i also have my days where i shift as smooth as possible and others where i can't shift at all. Makes me feel better im not the only wierdo here. I wonder if any of the MS3 guys also feel this? Also, do any of you have the Cobb AP installed and still feel this way? I was hoping the cobb would keep the power consistent

I have the Cobb Ap. Completely stock besides a KN drop in. It still feels this way. Im so use to driving my Civic Si where the power is there all the time. No matter what. Kinda upsets me.

Cobb makes it now specifically for the MS6 now. Check their website. I know you can run the ms3 with the firmware update also.

Back