The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

The did have the turbo on the 22RE back in 87 I want to say. Something like that. The Back To The Future truck had one. My ex's brother had one with a spare engine and traded it for a 4-wheeler. D'oh!

The did have the turbo on the 22RE back in 87 I want to say. Something like that. The Back To The Future truck had one. My ex's brother had one with a spare engine and traded it for a 4-wheeler. D'oh!
I want to say between '86 and '88 they made the turbo model (not completely sure). I know my owner's manual for my '86 mentions the 22RET engine. Yeah, those trucks are unbelievably rare. I've only seen one in my entire life. I want to say they were rated at 160-170 hp from the factory though. Still, unless it's a diesel, for the purposes of a truck I think a supercharger is a better bet. Besides, I already have one turbocharged vehicle and the supercharger whine is too cool. I really need to get on some pickup forums or something to start learning though...

I agree with you. A supercharger is where it's at for a truck.

My friend is trying to sell his 03 SVT Cobra. Hmmm 425 at the wheels...

I agree with you. A supercharger is where it's at for a truck.

My friend is trying to sell his 03 SVT Cobra. Hmmm 425 at the wheels...

I like those years of mustang cobras. Thats probably the only style and make of mustang id ever get (pending something new that hits me comes out).

I have a heat exchanger and pump off of one of those.

so in essence my msp is part cobra. *cough**cough*

Hahaha, I will say that your MSP feels a lot faster than his Cobra. He has the smaller pulley on the S/C so that's putting out a bit more. I'd love to buy it as he's not asking a huge ton of money, but I don't think I could justify spending that much money for a car that I'd have to modify to be happy right now.

Hahaha, I will say that your MSP feels a lot faster than his Cobra. He has the smaller pulley on the S/C so that's putting out a bit more. I'd love to buy it as he's not asking a huge ton of money, but I don't think I could justify spending that much money for a car that I'd have to modify to be happy right now.

I think your butt dyno needs to be recalibrated cause im about 200whp short lol.

I dont know why mine feels so fast. Even with that nice evox we drove in that was modded, mine felt like it had more pep. but it would obviously be destroyed in a race. Must be that down low tq i went for.

I think your right though, you have enough projects in your stable lol. If you need raw fun just take the civic out thats plenty scarry.

I didn't get a ride in Sam's EvoX. I was kinda upset. I'm not too impressed by the X to be honest. I'm a moderator on the evoxforums.com and I've read enough about the car. I'm not impressed.

I'd say your MSP is scarier than the Civic by far. Civic is just loud and spins to 8400 rpm.

I didn't get a ride in Sam's EvoX. I was kinda upset. I'm not too impressed by the X to be honest. I'm a moderator on the evoxforums.com and I've read enough about the car. I'm not impressed.

I'd say your MSP is scarier than the Civic by far. Civic is just loud and spins to 8400 rpm.

maybe its the way you drive lol i held my breath a few times haha. (J/k Btw)

I wish i had a loud car sometimes to mess with.

Last edited:
The old motor that I blew ran soo much nicer than this one. 30k miles on it, higher compression, more aggressive map... *sigh*

The old motor that I blew ran soo much nicer than this one. 30k miles on it, higher compression, more aggressive map... *sigh*

I never ever knew anyone with a civic. except this shop owner in MA but he was a hack so i never cared to get into them. I wish i did though, they have a huge aftermarket. Id love to just be able to get anything i wanted for a car.

Mine was a borderline stock JDM motor. All that stuff came with it. Extra 15 hp out of the box.

Morning Ohioans. It's freaking dead here at work. We get every other Friday off (workforce is split in half) and most people are burning vacation days. There are 3 of us in my dept today.

Nice! I'm looking at about 5" of snow right now with no sign of letting up. Damn...

So...how was everyone's weekend?

I got me a new stove and fridge. well new to me. spent the weekend moving it to the basement and cleaning it. oh and i started relic-ing that guitar. man theres something so satisfying about taking a DA sander to a new guitar body lol

other than that, uneventful. played some animal crossing, worked on the car, etc.

Yeah, this weather kinda sucks. I'm hoping the snow holds off for a while.

Back