The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Jeff, these are all people you could have met if you came to my cookout. It's ok tho, I'm thinking about doing another this coming year.

Would anyone be interested if I did another one?

only if fez is cooking.

j/k. Im always down if im off and the timing is right. We can make beautiful muzak together

Nice....rub it in some more that I didn't make it out. Wanted to but it just wasn't in the cards last year....now next year is another story!

When would you be having it?

I'm sure I could talk fez into cooking. Unfortunately, I missed all the awesuum burgers this past time because I felt I had to be a good host and talk to everyone. Bah! I don't think 2009 would be as big.

Nice....rub it in some more that I didn't make it out. Wanted to but it just wasn't in the cards last year....now next year is another story!

When would you be having it?

Umm, possibly late July, early August. Something like that. It takes about that long for my yard to not be a sponge.

I'm sure I could talk fez into cooking. Unfortunately, I missed all the awesuum burgers this past time because I felt I had to be a good host and talk to everyone. Bah! I don't think 2009 would be as big.

Doh! i didnt know that. I would have gave u my burgers.

Umm, possibly late July, early August. Something like that. It takes about that long for my yard to not be a sponge.

hmmmm....we usually go on vaca the first week of August. Although we may not take a 'get away' vacation this year. I'll sit back and wait for further details.

Dude, there you go. Cedar Point, Swensons, Kings Island, Swensons, my cookout, Swensons. Perfect.

hahahaha...hadn't thought of it that way. Kaila would love it.....she is dying to get on more coasters. And the Swenson's was oh so good. Speaking of which, possible to get another delivery this weekend? ;)

a bit of activity, eh? well it wont continue tonight i'm sure....

I got here around 7 today. I got another Holy Grail from the Winking Lizard last night, so it's my water cup here at work. I've already gotten funny looks from everyone but engineers.

I got here around 7 today. I got another Holy Grail from the Winking Lizard last night, so it's my water cup here at work. I've already gotten funny looks from everyone but engineers.
I feel like I should know what you're talking about (being an engineer and all) but I have no idea. I got in around 7:30 after dropping off some mail and filling the truck with gas. $1.689/gal for regular here so it cost a grand total of $17.50 to fill up the old Toyota. Only managed 24.3 mpg though. I don't know if that's good or not for a 23 year-old 4-cylinder pickup.

Sounds good to me, our 4yo van with a six gets 18 on avg.....I was happy this morning when the pump turned off at $24.00 this morning when I got gas in the hatch. And that was for 13.049 gallons!

I feel like I should know what you're talking about (being an engineer and all) but I have no idea. I got in around 7:30 after dropping off some mail and filling the truck with gas. $1.689/gal for regular here so it cost a grand total of $17.50 to fill up the old Toyota. Only managed 24.3 mpg though. I don't know if that's good or not for a 23 year-old 4-cylinder pickup.

Dude. I want an old Toyota like that. I love them. I really want a late 80's / early 90's one, but I like the old ones too.

3030116931_f2e0d2e6f9.jpg

Dude. I want an old Toyota like that. I love them. I really want a late 80's / early 90's one, but I like the old ones too.

3030116931_f2e0d2e6f9.jpg
LOL, exactly what I was thinking...

I have an '86 with the 22RE engine. Yeah, it's a great truck. Unbelievable reliable engine if it weren't for the timing chain issue. A decent amount of torque but not a lot of power. When I'm done with the Protege5 I'm going to start restoring the 'Yota with a bunch of parts from LC Engineering. Probably a 2.6L stroker and possibly a supercharger. I could easily turbo it but to me, that would kill it's functionality as a truck.

Back