The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Oh no kidding man. We have a Chinese vendor and we've done the telecon at 6am before. I'm glad I'm usually here at 630 or else it could have really sucked!

Wow, the Ohio thread is going nowhere. I'm in NC now, but born and raised in OH. So seriously, there are five people from OH in here?

5 that actually get on relatively frequently. The Ohio section is so dead on average that active Ohioans may have never seen the thread.

Quick... get the paddles!

Clear!

*booompmf*

Any change?

I knooooow there are some Mazdas in Ohio. I've seen them when I'm home for the holidays.

yeah? Details sir!

Well all fenders Relics are 1400.00 + MAP. So im hitting the cheap market by Relic-ing Squires, and doing a full setup, pickup upgrade.

So around 400 bucks you get a pretty nice guitar and its a one of a kind. I did a tele as my first, and it had a huge response.

I dont relic the nicer ones cause, yea they are better, but its a really specialty item so i dont want to chance it.

Right now im doing an antique white squire. It will have a tortise pickguard, parchment acessories (pickup cover, knobs, back plate) and the whole thing will be custom relic-ized. And im putting Fender Samantarium Cobalt Pickups in. High output, no noise. Full neck treatment as well (polished frets, smoothed neck so the frets dont cut ya, etc)

Ill send some pics when im done.

That's pretty awesome. I'm kinda thinking about getting a Brad Paisley sig Tele. You don't happen to have any do you?

That's pretty awesome. I'm kinda thinking about getting a Brad Paisley sig Tele. You don't happen to have any do you?

nah out of our target demographic. im in the south end of columbus remember lol.

we stay under 1k unless we special order it.

Oooh yeah. LOL. I forgot. I'm thinking of getting one because #1 I love the feel, #2 they sound good, and #3 I'm thinking of going as Brad Paisley for Halloween next year and it's a great reason to buy another axe.

the paisley is pretty neat. ive seen one in person. Check with me before you get it though, or anything (that i can get). Ill beat any regular price for ya.

I need to do something about my Fender Strat. It's got the three single pickups and just sounds so flat compared to my Les Paul. Not "unique" flat as in it just has a different sound but just... dead.

EDIT: I actually NEED to start playing again. I really haven't touched any of my 5 guitars since I moved out here.

I need to do something about my Fender Strat. It's got the three single pickups and just sounds so flat compared to my Les Paul. Not "unique" flat as in it just has a different sound but just... dead.

Change the pickups. Best mod for the money. Theres so many options, just depends on what you play.

Change the pickups. Best mod for the money. Theres so many options, just depends on what you play.
Yeah, I need to do this but any work is difficult because I'm left-handed. I can't even find new pickguards for my guitars! But yeah, I'll attempt to play just about anything except country or classical because I don't have the setups for them. Mainly faster stuff because I'm mostly a rythm player unfortunately... :(

Yeah, I need to do this but any work is difficult because I'm left-handed. I can't even find new pickguards for my guitars! But yeah, I'll attempt to play just about anything except country or classical because I don't have the setups for them. Mainly faster stuff because I'm mostly a rythm player unfortunately... :(

Pickups are all one way. So it doesnt matter really if its a left or not. They might just flip them over for leftys(id have to look) but fender and other major brands dont sell Left handed pickups so its all the same.

Pickguards, are another story lol. they are there though. I can get quite a few.

Latest posts

Back