The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

I like your style, Martz. But no one can beat me in the SRC. I'm #1, bro.

Excuse list:
REASONS I CANT AUTO-X

1. My drivers license is expired Mike
2. I dont want to damage my front lip MSP member
3. Not quite finished yet Chris
4. I have to make vinyl for my car club - Mike
5. Im not good at auto-x - Jess
6. My turbo is too big Jake
7. Im sure my pads are effed. Francis
8. My tires are done. Dave
9. No race worthy car and a bum foot Levi
10. Hung over. Evan and Sho
11. My turbo is garbage AJ
12. Car funds are low Ryan K.
13. I need glasses Jake
14. Im running on ethanol every MS3 owner on E85
15. Its raining Evan, Will, Breanna, Tim, Marc
16. Ill be in Vegas Will
17. Ill be at a different race track - Phen

what does SRC stand for? and when did i use that excuse? i mean i still dont have a race worthy car. I cant race my suv and the miata doesnt have a motor again so... lol

it will be back up and running like little monster this spring, at which point i will be sideways at alot of autocross events lol

gotcha, i thought i dropped out of the SRC for 2014. I was about dat truck life for 2014. hahaha

Any of you guys doing any "builds" this winter? i already cant wait til spring, ive been working on the miata a good bit already this winter and have some seriously big plans for the car over this winter. Most of you guys wont recognize it from the days of Phen when you do end up seeing it. Ill throw out the offer for any ride alongs at autocross, ill want help/advice i can get trying reign this car

The SRC is a completely different racing series. The list was from the 2014 auto-x events. People kept saying they were going to come out and never did. But I made the list too.

I don't plan on doing any more auto-x events since it's hard on my drivetrain (excuse?) and track days are much more fun and you don't have to stand in the sun for 1.5 hours working the course. You should come to Mid-Ohio or PittRace, MonkeyAss.

The SRC is a completely different racing series. The list was from the 2014 auto-x events. People kept saying they were going to come out and never did. But I made the list too.

I don't plan on doing any more auto-x events since it's hard on my drivetrain (excuse?) and track days are much more fun and you don't have to stand in the sun for 1.5 hours working the course. You should come to Mid-Ohio or PittRace, MonkeyAss.

ill come hang out sometime at Mid O or PittRace but I'm not taking the Miata on the track. Not until i actually have some seat time in the car autocrossing. Keep in mind I've had 2 years with the car, gotten to put maybe 1500 miles on it and when its finished this spring will have over 100 more HP than its ever had. I NEED to just learn the car as i have never even gotten to push the limits of my skill or the car to this point. It may seem like a lame excuse but I've got too much time and money invested into this car to risk wadding it in the wall until I am comfortable with what the car/driver can do.

I understand, but you don't have to go flat out in the Novice run group. You can just take it easy and keep an eye on your rearview mirror for point-bys. But again, I understand.

I like your style, Martz. But no one can beat me in the SRC. I'm #1, bro.

Excuse list:
REASONS I CANT AUTO-X

1. My drivers license is expired Mike
2. I dont want to damage my front lip MSP member
3. Not quite finished yet Chris
4. I have to make vinyl for my car club - Mike
5. Im not good at auto-x - Jess
6. My turbo is too big Jake
7. Im sure my pads are effed. Francis
8. My tires are done. Dave
9. No race worthy car and a bum foot Levi
10. Hung over. Evan and Sho
11. My turbo is garbage AJ
12. Car funds are low Ryan K.
13. I need glasses Jake
14. Im running on ethanol every MS3 owner on E85
15. Its raining Evan, Will, Breanna, Tim, Marc
16. Ill be in Vegas Will
17. Ill be at a different race track - Phen

Glad I didn't make this list.

Isn't a lot of the technology from Mazda?

I know They redid the platform when the 2012 Focuses came out so they could utilize it for more vehicles, like the Escape and C-Max. I looked on Wiki and it says that some of the platform is also shared with the latest-gen Mazda3. Whether they share more than that I'm not sure.

gotcha, i thought i dropped out of the SRC for 2014. I was about dat truck life for 2014. hahaha

Any of you guys doing any "builds" this winter? i already cant wait til spring, ive been working on the miata a good bit already this winter and have some seriously big plans for the car over this winter. Most of you guys wont recognize it from the days of Phen when you do end up seeing it. Ill throw out the offer for any ride alongs at autocross, ill want help/advice i can get trying reign this car
I did pull the trigger on a set of headers for the wagon. Seeing a bunch of the v6 6's go down to pre-cat failure at the 102-105k mile mark (I'm at 97k-ish) and the OEM flex pipe falling apart lead me to that decision. Won't be installing until spring/summer time.

Glad I didn't make this list.
+1 But I'm sure I could have. Need a helmet, have kids etc.
Isn't a lot of the technology from Mazda?

I always thought the ecoboost was an updated DISI, or at least knowledge from that went into the ecoboost.

ill come hang out sometime at Mid O or PittRace but I'm not taking the Miata on the track. Not until i actually have some seat time in the car autocrossing. Keep in mind I've had 2 years with the car, gotten to put maybe 1500 miles on it and when its finished this spring will have over 100 more HP than its ever had. I NEED to just learn the car as i have never even gotten to push the limits of my skill or the car to this point. It may seem like a lame excuse but I've got too much time and money invested into this car to risk wadding it in the wall until I am comfortable with what the car/driver can do.

As Evan said, you don't have to drive the car 10/10ths. Track days are way more fun than autocrosses. Phen did a hyperdrive at the end of the year last year. Could always do one of those. That's just 1 track session to get your feet wet and see how it goes.

As Evan said, you don't have to drive the car 10/10ths. Track days are way more fun than autocrosses. Phen did a hyperdrive at the end of the year last year. Could always do one of those. That's just 1 track session to get your feet wet and see how it goes.

and my retort to that is that phen has also owned and had driven that fiat for 30k+ miles and done multiple autocrosses before taking his to track. He had an idea what that car could/would do.

my miata has essentially only been driven on 3 highway roadtrips on the car since i bought it and has spent more time in the garage in pieces than its been able to drive. and if it werent for me forcing the car to take it on a 1000 mile roadtrip to Lancaster PA to see friends over this summer, the car wouldn't even have 500 miles with me driving it. And that 500 was the trip back from Phens the day i bought and following weekend from driving to and from my parents when it spun the bearing.
I havent gotten to enjoy this car in any way shape or form and for me to try to learn what this car can/will do while trying to focus on track and focus on pass bys and s*** like that, Ill be honest that its going to be too much at one time for me. Let me learn the dynamics of a miata in the "safety" of an autocross course for a year or so while enjoying it as a street car first. I've alwasys said that you don't track a car if you aren't willing to wad it up or write it off, and right now i'm not willing to do either one of those things with this miata.

That excuse is too long for the list. Can you give us a cliff notes version of it please?

Back