The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

That thing got a turbo?

Congrats again. Looking forward to checking it out. :)

I approve of the color. I may try to convince the wife to trade the Flex in on a truck since we're closer to family now. I guess that more depends on if two kids is enough though...

Candy Land is only a 4 player game so 2 is enough for me.

IF any of you have no plans this Saturday and want something to do, I am planning on yanking the motor and trans out of the MSM to start the proper rebuild. Any of you are welcome to come hang out, drink beer and turn wrenches.

IF any of you have no plans this Saturday and want something to do, I am planning on yanking the motor and trans out of the MSM to start the proper rebuild. Any of you are welcome to come hang out, drink beer and turn wrenches.

Wish you guys lived closer. I've been missing working on the MSP, but don't really have any funding right now.

Mark your calenders, I'm doing an install day Friday April 15th that will most likely extend into the weekend if anyone wants to join.

What are you doing?

Probably won't get it all installed in one weekend but the list is: Headers, CAI, Throttle Body Spacer, Front & Rear Sway Bars, Coil-overs, Brake Pads, Rotors & Lines. Possibly a cat-back too but I haven't found a good deal on one. I might be able to get some stuff done before hand if I find the time.

Probably won't get it all installed in one weekend but the list is: Headers, CAI, Throttle Body Spacer, Front & Rear Sway Bars, Coil-overs, Brake Pads, Rotors & Lines. Possibly a cat-back too but I haven't found a good deal on one. I might be able to get some stuff done before hand if I find the time.

sounds like a fun day!

Assuming this is on the 6:
CAI/TB Spacer is a 20 minute job.
Rear sway can be either 45 minutes, or 4 hours.
Front sway is a bit more complicated, but may be a touch easier if you do it when the stock headers are out.
I've done enough headers on the 3.0L to get competent at it.

Unfortunately my wife works that weekend, so I'm on kid duty.

For the 6. The headers are going to be the most time consuming install for sure and definitely plan on front sway bar at the same time. It would be great if I could get some of the other stuff done before but kids. So I've taken the day off work specifically for this.

I'll buy that front sway bar from you, Nate.

edit- never mind, won't fit.

Last edited:
I'll buy that front sway bar from you, Nate.
Sorry I've been looking forward to finally getting it installed and having my suspension components similar to the MSP. Obviously it won't handle the same being much heavier and longer.
Start spraying down the header bolts now, especially the ones in the heads, with PB Blaster.

good tip. Thanks!

Sorry I've been looking forward to finally getting it installed and having my suspension components similar to the MSP. Obviously it won't handle the same being much heavier and longer.

I meant I wanted to buy your stock front sway bar, not the upgraded one. I would like more oversteer in my MS6.

I can probably come over on Saturday to help. No brake work though......

And I would start PB Blasting everything you want to remove/loosen. You've got years of corrosion on there and you'll need all the help you can get.

Back