The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Anybody make resolutions or goals for 2016?

Not really big on "Resolutions" but I've made up my mind this year that I will not be working as much as I have the past 2 years. The OT $ is nice but I haven't had much time to spend with Friends and Family the last 2 years and I'm tired of living at work. With some of that extra time, I want to do a lot more Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, and Hunting this year.

Mine are to make more time to see my friends and family as well as try to reconnect with some that I've not talked to in a few years. This is especially important since my brother might be moving back to NYC for his new job later this year.

I also want to make it out to more Cars & Coffees this year as well as more auto-x events with the Buckeye Miata Club. I made it to their last event in 2015 and man, was that a blast in the ST. Definitely want to tear it up a little bit more this year.

My main goal is to establish a structured daily schedule since I'll be working from home from now on.
I have the option but go into work still. I didn't like it because I just couldn't get into the same routine everyday. Plus I have much nicer equipment in the office and since we have a "gym" (it's tiny but effective) I've been able to keep a workout routine also.

Mine are to make more time to see my friends and family as well as try to reconnect with some that I've not talked to in a few years. This is especially important since my brother might be moving back to NYC for his new job later this year.

I also want to make it out to more Cars & Coffees this year as well as more auto-x events with the Buckeye Miata Club. I made it to their last event in 2015 and man, was that a blast in the ST. Definitely want to tear it up a little bit more this year.
I'll definitely join you for C&C & hopefully some auto-x too

I have the option but go into work still. I didn't like it because I just couldn't get into the same routine everyday. Plus I have much nicer equipment in the office and since we have a "gym" (it's tiny but effective) I've been able to keep a workout routine also.

I'll definitely join you for C&C & hopefully some auto-x too

I'm quoting this to make sure you don't forget or try to edit this. :D You should try for at least one auto-x. The track they use in Circleville is really fun and a lot less punishing than the old OHS lot.

Welding. I am one class away from having a Finance degree that I'll finish in the fall when its offered. But I have a job lined up with the welding path that is very good money. I've worked in investments for 6 years and I've grown to hate Corporate America. This guy is kissing this other guys ass to get the first guy's boss paid. There is lots of money out there but none of its yours. The timeline for me to make decent money sucks. I am not waiting around until I'm 45 to crack 100k a year. Everything is so PC it makes me sick. Sitting at a desk just isn't me and I want to be proud of my work and what I do. I dread waking up each morning so I made a change.
Seriously considering this path myself. Good luck with it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ha. Just send me a text when your going to C&C, the issue I have with auto-x is the time commitment of basically an entire day. (You can put it on the excuse list Evan) It's a little unfair for Amber to work with challenging kids all week and then get left with ours for a day.

Seriously considering this path myself. Good luck with it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I did my first class last night and had a blast. I think I will have a good time and am excited for the next class. Weird to enjoy school and what I'm doing for a change.

Ha. Just send me a text when your going to C&C, the issue I have with auto-x is the time commitment of basically an entire day. (You can put it on the excuse list Evan) It's a little unfair for Amber to work with challenging kids all week and then get left with ours for a day.

Tell her to bring them down for part of the day. Make it an outing for them.

I agree with Nick. There are lots of spectators at auto-x events and it should be fun for the kids to watch. I just hope there's some shade or you have an EZ-up.

Not sure a 4 and a 1 1/2 year old would have a good time but I can float the idea out there.

My three year-old would love it! In fact, he'd be upset if he didn't get to ride in the "race cars."

That's the thing, Kennedy would like it until she found out she's not allowed to ride along.

My kids hate going for the most part. They only like watching me run. Cali wants to ride along, but is too young for it.

Snow! Everybody Panic! 15mph...TOO FAST! Drive on the LEFT SIDE!

How's everyone's day going?

Jalopnik had an article about the new Cruze Hatchback http://jalopnik.com/the-2017-chevy-cruze-hatchback-this-is-it-1751523563
hwvgzriokfzktvnh8wg6.jpg

I kinda like the looks but also kinda looks like a 2013 hyundai hatchback with the now old civic front end. engine is underwhelming and I've heard bad things from GM mechanics.

Ford is coming out with a Fusion Sport. 325hp twin turbo v6, AWD, auto w/ paddle shifters though. http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2017-ford-fusion-photos-and-info-news
But for $35k sticker and some haggling might not be a bad DD. Right now with rebates you can get a Taurus SHO with the performance package (not sure why a performance trim level needs a performance package...) for just over $38k

Checked the wagons value on kbb for s&g's and the result was $3k private sale, less for trade in.

So jelly on the pretty new truck, Will. Congrats! You have a "Rig" now lol you have to say breaker after talking to anyone now

I already installed a CB and truck nuts. I just need to pick out a radio handle now.

Back