The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Spent the weekend in Virginia Beach for a brother-in-law's birthday/going-away-to-China-for-two-years party. The highlight was taking Ian to the beach for the first time. Every time I go back I remember how much I love/miss Chesapeake Bay seafood.

What made this a successful thread for so long? And why is it dead now?

my guess is that its dead because of FB groups and pretty much everyone just texting or hanging out over using the forum.

The entire forum is dead, though. Not just this section.

We are the only state that has a forum open on 24/7 now

Let's keep this alive, then.

I've had a hellacious couple of weeks, so I spent the entirety of last night cleaning my RX-7's engine bay, building a Tamiya Grasshopper, and watching Initial D. Definitely time well spent if you ask me. Feeling very refreshed and energized today.

What made this a successful thread for so long? And why is it dead now?

my guess is that its dead because of FB groups and pretty much everyone just texting or hanging out over using the forum.

Pretty much this. Although it sounds like MSF is still active. Since the Protege platform is dead and all the MS3/MS6 guys are on MSF this forum is now just CX-5 owners. Before MSF and Facebook this place was pretty active.

I spent all week in CA with the wife, then flew in really late Friday night to then work all weekend. :(
I meant to send you a text while you were there to try to go to Gott's. Best Burger EVAR!
Pretty much this. Although it sounds like MSF is still active. Since the Protege platform is dead and all the MS3/MS6 guys are on MSF this forum is now just CX-5 owners. Before MSF and Facebook this place was pretty active.
+1 6crew forum is pretty dead now but the Facebook page is active. Same goes for a lot of Camaro forums too. I kinda have a fear that eventually all the great information available on forums will be lost forever, but then I look at Facebook and just see lazy people that don't/won't google basic information it anyway. DAMN PUNK KIDS! <--This will be my standard response for every motor oil question on OMS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEVI!

Last edited:
Yeah, I was on msf for a while before I signed up for this forum. It seems that people just lost interest in posting here

Yeah, I was on msf for a while before I signed up for this forum. It seems that people just lost interest in posting here

hmmm....active, sho joins, people lose interest....
futuramafry.jpg

I think it's a platform thing. Forums are kinda old school and work better on a computer. I personally do not like the app for any forum so I never bother on my phone. Facebook is so easy to use on either and that goes to my previous comment about people being lazy. What's easier? Going on a computer, opening the browser, google-ing or opening the forum, finding the info you need which sometimes means going thru a couple pages or tap the app on your phone, going to your car group and asking what kind of oil everyone uses because you don't want to scroll thru the post from last week and you know you'll get a quick answer?

Maybe. Idk, i post on all forums from my phone on google chrome browser. I havent used a computer for anything except putting new tunes on my accessport or typing papers for class in the last 2 years.

I tried tapatalk once, it was terrible

Last edited:
Whoa....people are alive in OH? hahaha

On the subject of forums, I've tried tapatalk too and immediately removed the app from my phone. I didn't care for the 247 app either. The only app for a forum that I use and find user friendly is for Miata.net. I'll browse this forum or the local Miata owners forum late at night on my phone using chrome but usually don't log in to post. The site for the local club is a PITA for mobile use and when submitting a new post you have to do it twice or it deletes it, get impatient and hit that button again and you've got a double post.

Whoa....people are alive in OH? hahaha

On the subject of forums, I've tried tapatalk too and immediately removed the app from my phone. I didn't care for the 247 app either. The only app for a forum that I use and find user friendly is for Miata.net. I'll browse this forum or the local Miata owners forum late at night on my phone using chrome but usually don't log in to post. The site for the local club is a PITA for mobile use and when submitting a new post you have to do it twice or it deletes it, get impatient and hit that button again and you've got a double post.
We've been busy building arcs.

I meant to send you a text while you were there to try to go to Gott's. Best Burger EVAR!

I had In-&-Out burger twice. Does that count?

I personally prefer the forums to Facebook. It easier to keep track of threads and finding posts a lot quicker.

Back