Not the Trailblazer SS we were looking for...But...

ForceFed

:
Trailblazer SS AWD ....Still a Mazda Junkie Though.
Long and short...We got tired of getting Jacked around by dealers and individuals who dont understand the meaning of "MINT" ..Let alone "Clean" .

We also got tired of wasting hours on end and gallons on gallons of gas looking for a nice TBSS.

I spent about 120+ hours on the phone calling dealers and privates as well as likely 2000miles of driving only to keep finding TB's that were not even close to how they were described.

We were not settling for one less than Excellent.

SO we bought this instead.

'08%20Silverado%2011-1-08%20002.1.JPG

'08%20Silverado%2011-1-08%20003.1.JPG

this one?
mang..aren't you going to kick yourself in the balls if you see one withing a week?

man, that car looks hot...
but the silverado is nice too....

mag_trailblazer_ss.jpg

Been looking for almost 10...I dont think we are going to find it anytime soon.

But yeah..that was the one.

You got both??!

Funny how you say you got tired "wasting gas" looking for a TBSS. You'll be tired "wasting gas" just driving the damn TBSS.

Had one, loved it. HATED the gas mileage. 4.10 rear end gears STOCK, had no over drive on the freeway, that thing would run at damn near 3,000 rpms at 85mph. But it was always in the power band. Gotta love LS2's!

DSC00947edited.jpg

Incase you can't tell, I love white.

You got both??!

Funny how you say you got tired "wasting gas" looking for a TBSS. You'll be tired "wasting gas" just driving the damn TBSS.

Had one, loved it. HATED the gas mileage. 4.10 rear end gears STOCK, had no over drive on the freeway, that thing would run at damn near 3,000 rpms at 85mph. But it was always in the power band. Gotta love LS2's!
Yeah I hear ya on Gas milage...but that something we knew going into both purchases.
We dont drive a whole lt so Its not a big deal for us.
Funny thing is , I think the TBSS gets better milage than the Silverado...and it has active fuel management.

The Trailblazer is more of a Toy rather than a DD.
I will put a few mods on it and I would like to see it in the Consistent 12's when I decide to stop modding.

Shouldn't take too much to put it there.

And yes..LS2 FTMFW! :D

Just a small tip if you are looking for better hwy mileage, this is something I would do and it worked! When you want to cruise with better throttle control, disable Stabilitrak completely by pressing and holding the traction control button for 4 seconds. You will notice your rpms will drop about 200-400 rpms at cruise. Also, you will notice the car will be more willing to coast off the throttle, rather than using the trans to engine brake, because that thing will slow down in a hurry just letting off the throttle.

Also, its just a theory of mine that with traction control and ST on, the ecu will make the car run at those slightly higher rpms to reduce torque with the throttle body open slightly more than you're asking. This reduces the risk of slippage, but contributes to less gas and less accurate throttle inputs. Long and short of it, driving with TC and ST make a pretty large difference.

And make sure your tire pressures are even from side to side. The rear ends and even the front diffs (if you got awd) are very sensitive, and so are the 1st-to-2nd tranny servos. They take a severe beating with launches and eventually fail pretty seriously.

My buddy runs Vector Motorsports and has been very successful with offering some amazing tunes for the LS1/LS2 GTO and LS2 TBSS!

I will try that...I wish this thing came with the 6 speed auto....But maybe when the first tranny fails(which I know it will) ...I might look into a 6 speed upgrade.

Yes...ours is an AWD....SS/LT(3ss)

I plan on adding an Eectric Fan setup, IEATSRT Intake, Exhaust of some sort(liklely a Corsa) , tranny cooler , and a decent tune for starters.
Not Sure if I want to do the PCM4Less or Vector...I have looked at both.

But if you can get me some decent Deals at Vector....hey..I am game!
Funny thing is..My parents have a TBSS as well...and my dad wants some goodies too.

I have seen some info on the Vette Servo Upgades...but I need to look into that further before I decide to dive into that project.

This is a Certified '06 with only 14K on the clock...and was owned bya 60 year old man...ALthough he had an SSR and Vette as well..so I am sure this got "Driven".

I got a good deal on this....I paid less than Clean Trade in value for it...Otherwise I would not have bought it.

Last edited:
That's awesome! I had a pretty smokin good deal on mine too. I bought mine on January 7th 2007, TBSS 2WD 1SS with sun and sound package. 36 month lease, 12,000 miles a year, $335 a month. I think I officially had the CHEAPEST lease payment on a TBSS ever. Whether it was on TBSSOWNERS.net, Trailvoy, or TrailblazerSS.com. OTD price with TTL was $29,890 after $1k down.

When I got rid of the lease, I was actually going to get another SS. But when gas started to touch $4/gallon, I took it as a hint and got out of it. Plus, the American Axle strike was going on at the time and no 2WD TBSS's were available. I wanted the 2WD for the least amount of tranny hassle while I had the car. Buyer paid the $695 transfer fee, and a couple months later, i'm in a 08.5 MS3 GT!

I'll see if I can't get in touch with him and get a coupon code for you atleast. Save ya something on the purchase.

Also, seriously, try that ST/TC trick. I don't think no one else really knows about it, and maybe I could be smoking rocks, but I reset my Trip Odometer every time and i've noticed an increase in MPG when i'd shut everything off and modulate the throttle myself on the highway, versus the engine revving higher to keep the engine out of it's powerband.

Thanks for the Tip....I had no idea you could turn off Stabiltrack....And yes..hook a brotha' up with a Vector Contact and some deals.

nice man. i am looking for one myself right now. i hear you on not being able to find one to test drive though. all of the dealers are just telling me to order one sight-unseen or buy one used. not sure on what i am going to do. if i buy used, we are getting the range rover sport.

I test drove a lot of them..Never had a dealer tell me I couldnt drive one..New or Used.

I like it....It needs a little more kick in the ass though...but it will come in due time.

Man I want a TBSS so bad, after I sell my Silverado I might get one... But my wife dont like them, o well. She has her own Tahoe now, so its all good :)

Its kind of FUnny....Last year the GF bought the Scion and withing days I bought my bike....This year we were looking for the TBSS....Got fed up and we bought the SIlverado...But I kept looking and three weeks later we own the TBSS...I guess we like to purchase things in groups.

As for your Wife....Has she ridden in one yet?
We almost bought a Tahoe as well...Very nice they are..but when it came down to it..the New CrewCab had rebates we could not pass up.

And remember...Its just money....you will make more tomorrow.

I test drove a lot of them..Never had a dealer tell me I couldnt drive one..New or Used.

I like it....It needs a little more kick in the ass though...but it will come in due time.

i just can't find them close by. the ones that i do find i won't even go look at because of high mileage and high price.

Back