Wheel bearing?

:
2014 Mazda 3 i Grand Touring
I've discovered when driving on a cold morning and starting out on a smooth road, you get a sensation that the wheels are slightly out of balance and when the car gets warmed up after a few miles, goes away. Don't think I have any noise associated with this sensation, but I do have a header and exhaust is a little loud, so could be drowning out the wheel bearing noise.

You think it's a wheel bearing or could it be a CV joint?

I get that, and it's just my tires. I believe that when tires sit for an extended period of time in the cold, they develop a bit of a flat spot on the bottom. Once they warm up again, they're fine. Now, if you're hearing noise all the time...it could be the wheel bearings, but it doesn't sound like it.

that would be the tires.....and also when the tires are cold....the air pressure goes down....check to see if you needa put air in....they most likely need some air(especially if it's gotten colder) .....but rememeber check your pressure and add air when your tires are cold

Thanks guys, that makes perfect sense. Very happy it isn't a bearing or worse yet a CV joint.

Back