Mia-too! Winning Blue NC FTW

Astral

Contributor
So it has happened!

After long deliberation, I chose to procure a used NC Miata. The plan to get a Miata has been brewing over a 1.5 years... the day I sold the RX-8, I began looking around. I found the listing for an NC MX-5 that has been there for two months. I though the asking price was OK, but out of my range ($19.7). However, seeing how it hasn't sold for two months, and that it's not getting any warmer, I decided to go and drive a hard bargain. I had to walk out on the sales guy once, but in the end, we came to an agreement at $17,750, for:

2006 MX-5 Miata Grand Touring
17,450 miles
6-speed
Black leather & cloth top
Premium Pkg adds:
keyless entry
DSC/TSC
LSD (! yay!)
Also has TPMS.

No Bilstein "sport" suspension, but that's OK, as it's actually softer than stock.

Short of the appearance package and despite the TPMS option, this is pretty much the perfect Miata that I wanted in the color that I wanted. It's the same color as the RX-8, so, heck, I don't even have to get new touch-up paint!

Picked her up today! Here are first-day pictures.

The car has a truck-like stance... I can put an upright fist into the wheel well in the front. To take better 1st-time pics, I sat in the car for them:

web.jpg

When I got home, I hit all the leather up with leather conditioner and waxed the wheels. I also aimed down the headlights, which were aimed pretty high and pretty much were blinding all on the highway.

web.jpg

Of course, I drove top-down back from the dealer to work, then back from work to home. It's quite alright with heater full blast, windows up and a hat!

i hope you did a little (drive2) on the way home; and maybe a little (godown) with the tail pipes...

first mod should be RX8 sways.... and i just so happen to know who will have a set laying around real soon... (drinks)

looks great oleg, that sure was fast! (boobs2)

(alright) it looks funny to see you sitting in that car...i'm so used to the rx8...hey so that's 3 blue mazdas you've owned!

A little encouragement goes a long way. ;) So happy for you man. Can't wait to see her tonight.

nice, i have been going back and forth whether to pick up a miata or a FC, looks good though

Looks good Oleg. You like blue, eh? haha

Can't wait to see it at OCC.

(cabpatch) Awesum! 1.5 years ago... was that kent falls? lol. It looks great, and nothing brings smiles to you or others like driving around topless. lololol

Latest posts

Back