BIG Water Problem

Here is where my leak was. Not the giant arrow. That seam, packed with road s*** and split open. I know it isn't the greatest, but it is looking from the front to the back of the car.

Attachments

• Seam.jpg
    Seam.jpg
    716.9 KB · Views: 1,098
Alright, found the source. It is coming through a seam. I pulled the passenger splash guard, put a light in there and looked for it on the inside. Sure enough, parts of the seam had light pouring through.

I am going to seal them up again but is there any particular sealant I should use?

What is the "passenger splash guard" exactly?

Opened up the wheel well and none of the seams are open. Unfortunately the water in my wife's car is originating from somewhere else :(

Last time I pulled her carpet up I could see a trail of water coming from behind the firewall, so I suspect it's a windshield leak somewhere.

same thing was happening to my 04 vw jetta. i jus gave it back to my parents and got me a msp. lol

Ha, same thing happened in my '98 Jetta. The drain for the condenser clogs easily and backs up and spills into the floorboard. Once I figured that out I got about 2 gallons of water out of it.

Opened up the wheel well and none of the seams are open. Unfortunately the water in my wife's car is originating from somewhere else :(

Last time I pulled her carpet up I could see a trail of water coming from behind the firewall, so I suspect it's a windshield leak somewhere.

ya mine is still leaking too so i think my windshield was installed wrong.

Ha, same thing happened in my '98 Jetta. The drain for the condenser clogs easily and backs up and spills into the floorboard. Once I figured that out I got about 2 gallons of water out of it.

+1

Check the drain for the vent cowl. Leaves can get caught in there really easily and water can come through the heating intake duct. Also, it is hard to tell the seams are sealed just by looking inside the wheel well. Mine looked fine until I got a light on the inside of the car and looked for light through the cracks.

Just realized that I have this issue as well. The passenger floorboard is wet all the way to the rear passenger. Whats the best way to track this down? Pull up the carpet in the front passenger and just look around?

Back