Rear Bumper Protection?

I live and park frequently in an urban environment - and as a result parallel park frequently. I'm always trying to defend my rear bumper (front bumper gets decent protection by licence plate bracket extending a bit forward of bumper) - which by design is vulnerable to damage by other bumpers smacking into it.

Around NYC you can see Bumper Bully, De-Fender, Bumper Badgers and a few home made devices hanging from many a car. My on-line research - and by seeing them in the street - to me, the Bumper Bully ( http://www.bumperbully.com ) seems the most solidly constructed - but was wondering if anyone else out there has one of these products. I know they attach to the car by using velco to stick to the carpet within the trunk or tailgate. Since I have the (vinyl) cargo floor cover - was wondering if I can attach it underneath the cover without a hassle.

Anyone have any experience with these things?

Last edited:
how about these original mazda products:

GetImage

part-no: CC29-V3-115

its a 5 pieces kit for front and rear bumper and it looks way more decent than these bulky protectors.

how about these original mazda products:

GetImage

part-no: CC29-V3-115

its a 5 pieces kit for front and rear bumper and it looks way more decent than these bulky protectors.

Damn Europeans, they always get the cool stuff :D, I'm not sure if we can get that OEM stuff here...

But if you can find something similar I guess it can work better. I used to parallel park in the past and the most damage was on the bumper corners not on the middle (stupid people not able to measure their cars in the way in-n-out)

Last edited:
Installed mine today... OEM rear bumper protector stripe.

I hate it! my car doesn't look that nice and smooth now with this black rubbery thing.

I see a chrome one on ebay... looks like VW/Audi ones! very nice and elegant.

Here's what the Bumper Bully looks like. Only have had it a week - but it seems reasonably easy and reasonably effective - certainly better than nothing. I "deploy" it when I park in a tight situation - and take up before I drive away. They actually didn't have the "standard" one in stock and sent me the deluxe model which has a nice, soft dense (yet thin) extra foam backing to provide extra cushioning.

Attachments

• Bumper Bully Upload.jpg
    Bumper Bully Upload.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 238
what kind of hitch do you have. I was wanting to add one to mine because the parts to add the roof rack then buy the carrier is way over priced?

alykat23-
Yeah, me too - I would have gotten a roof rack + carrier if it weren't too expensive.

Did you see my hitch from the picture? (I can't see it.) Anyway - it's a Hidden Hitch and I really like that it's barely seen (in general - not just picture.) I've used it only twice (only got it a few months back) - but I'm very happy with it so far.

Back