Shelf liner on interior storage spaces(cup holders, glovebox, center storage...)

khoi

:
2009 Sunlight Silver Mazda3 s Touring 5-Door AT
I recently got my brand new 2009 Mazda3 s Touring HB, and I heard that the interior plastic gets scratched easily. So I bought some shelf liner ($5) and cut out patterns to cover all the interior storage spaces. It was not hard to do and I think it looks pretty good. The main reason why I did this was for that little section to the right of the shifter. That's where I put my cellphone and the shelf liner prevents it from sliding around. And because I have extra shelf liner left over, I decided to do them all (yippy)

Due to requests from people, I have scanned in the patterns for those who wants to do this on their own car:
glovebox_patterns.pdf (Only the glovebox pattern)
interior_patterns.pdf (All the other patterns)

Here are some pictures with the corresponding cut-out shelfliner on the right side.

What do you guys think?

centerCup.jpg

Center console:
centerConsole.jpg

Center console (top section):
centerConsole2.jpg

The glove box was tricky to cut out the correct pattern:
glovebox.jpg

This one was also really tricky:
side.jpg

Front Door:
frontDoor.jpg

Rear Door:
rearDoor.jpg

Rear Center Armrest:
rearCup.jpg

shelfliner.jpg

holy crap thats some cool stuff! great work on that! The plastic in this car appears very cheap and scratches easily in certain spots. Good work on the protection! The patterns look pretty crazy to cut!

Sweet, I might have to pick some up at Home Depot on my way into work Monday night(since that is where I work lol).

holy crap thats some cool stuff! great work on that! The plastic in this car appears very cheap and scratches easily in certain spots. Good work on the protection! The patterns look pretty crazy to cut!

They are not that hard to cut. Just make sure that you print out the patterns with no scaling so that they are printed out the correct size. Then it's just a matter of cutting them with a regular pair of scissors :)

Back