How-to: Make & install your own Mud flaps / guards for less than $5

I was completely unaware Arkansas got snow. In fact, it shows how little I really know about that state.

hey, i did this but changed the shape to be a bit more like RA. i also made mine out of conveyor belt i bought tractor supply co. it cost me $20 but will last forever. it is 1/8" thick and has a woven core with burly rubber on both sides. i felt it was worth finding a good material that would last me a few years and hold it's shape well. they've been on for 2 weeks now and still look new..
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

View attachment 179522View attachment 179523View attachment 179524View attachment 179525

I know it has been forever since this post but would you happen do have a template for these rear flaps? I'm definitely going over to TSC and picking up that conveyor belt material. It looks so HD.

I know it has been forever since this post but would you happen do have a template for these rear flaps? I'm definitely going over to TSC and picking up that conveyor belt material. It looks so HD.

The pattern for the front and back flaps are the same. The only difference is where to drill the holes for the rear flaps. You can drill the holes anywhere you want to install the rear flaps because you get to decide where you want to drill into your rear bumper. For the front flaps, the holes are already there.

I've got some scrap 60A neoprene from my workplace. I'm probably going to try something like this.

Does anyone know if the template works the same for the 2nd gen?

Rallye Armor has mud flaps w/ brackets for the Mazda 3... but you have to be willing to for over $140 :eek:

Back