Need Exhaust/manifold stud info

Ryoga28

My manifold is leaking again after my ex-mechanic retightened the bolts. I know to know how many studs/bolts/nuts I need to fully replace the connections between the mani/engine and mani/turbo. I I get the arp stud kit, will it be enough? Or will I need other parts?

mani - engine = 10

mani - turbo = 4

the arp stud kit comes with 10...but if you get 2 sets, you'll have enough to do the turbo - s pipe as well. or, you could just buy some 1.25 mm (M8) studs and nuts.

most people go with OEM...it's cheaper than the ARP.

i have the arp...the oem will work fine...the arp was just easier for me to get my hands on at the time. if i had to do it again, i would have saved my money and went with the OEM.

I don't think you can use OEM for the SteedSpeed.

You should be able to use OEM from the mani to the turbo, but I was told to buy the ARP studs for the mani to engine.

I have the ARP kit and I think that it was worth the money. I took off the turbo and mani the first time replacing the OEM equipment, now that I did it again with the ARP kit i realized it was well worth the investment.

thanks! is the oem stainless? which do u recommend, arp or oem?

ARP studs are reusable many times but stockers are recommended to be replaced since they are design to hold/resist only one time torquing down, ARP you can torque as many times as you want and they more resistance plus they are hassle free to unbold and rebold where as stockers will break on you.

My car is at the dealer for numerous repairs and they said the exhaust manifold studs are broke and are not warranty. They think it will be around $600.00. Any comments?

78K Miles (dump the car?)

367 (mp3yellow

Just got quoted by a reputable local mechanic to fix my leak for $200-300, provided I get all the gaskets needed. I was going to wait for Speedcircuit , but the leak is too much to wait.

Just got quoted by a reputable local mechanic to fix my leak for $200-300, provided I get all the gaskets needed. I was going to wait for Speedcircuit , but the leak is too much to wait.

What are they going to do for $300.00?

367 (mp3yellow

thanks! is the oem stainless? which do u recommend, arp or oem?

i used 12.9 grade hex head bolts and cut the heads off to make studs. with the nuts it cost me $25cad to do the manifold and turbo. I used bolts because I couldn't find 12.9 studs. I re-used two of the bolts for the manifold and they are fine. I re-torqued the manifold, but not the turbo because I couldn't get to all of them with out removing the whole mess again.

Why wouldn't studs be a warranty item? How can a main engine component fail at 77K miles?

367 (mp3yellow

I know this thread is old but I'm looking for the part number for the oem exhaust manifold studs or a recommendation of a store that I can pick up this grade of stud.

ARP is too expensive.

Back