Picked up my Protege5 yesterday!

Got work done.

Last Saturday I got the mounts in...well, kinda. Of course had the 2 lower mounts holding the engine in, well my brother got a pair of the upper mounts for me, but the passenger side mount was cracked. I filled both side mounts and the lower front mount with window weld and put em in... but didn't do it right. lol Couldn't get the passenger one to line up right, and I ran out of energy so I gave up.

Re-did it today and lined the engine up right. Now, however, the rear mount isn't right. I didn't have a pry bar so I couldn't get the bolt all the way in. UGH!!

Besides that, I got the shift linkage connected, Y-pipe on, and threw the Greddy cat-back on. The cat-back will be removed and sold as it looks retarded. It was a hot 'n humid day in the STL and I was sweating buckets...killed my productivity but atleast I made some progress.

Pictars:
p529.jpg

p530.jpg

p533.jpg

p532.jpg

p531.jpg

p534.jpg

p528.jpg

p535a.jpg

Damn this thing is 2 years in the making, can't wait to see it driveable.

LOL, yes, 2 years... It happens when you have 3 other cars to drive at all times... and have to maintain them and all that, plus a few other project cars bought to sell.

If, say, I only had 1 car and this Protege5, it would be done really quick. The fact that I don't need the car is a huge psychological issue that affects my drive to get it together. It'd also be different if I bought it and drove it, then something happened to it and I had to put an engine in it... but I bought it as a metaphoric paper weight. :/

I know by now a lot of people would give up on such a project, but I just want to let everyone know that even though my progress is painfully slow, I'm NOT ever going to give up. This car will run, everything will work in it, and it'll be freggin' bliss to me. lol

Back