Blinker problem with protege5

^ If you post where you live someone here will probably be willing to give you a hand and swap their relay to see if it really is the problem.

north jersey.

i live in west new york. 07093

i was looking at the service manual and it tells you exactly which prong is used for the left turn signal. F i believe. If i were to take the relay out, would there be a way for someone to test that single prong to see if it works like they do with a fuse??

Last edited:
i bought the relay but i can't get it on.

This is probably really stupid, but how can i take the old one off?? I can't get the old one off the bracket, nor can I disconnect the wires.
IS there a trick to it? i don't want to break it. I tried putting a small flathead in on the ends to depress the tabs but i don't think that's how to do it.

BTW, it's not a black box. it's a white box. its the furthest up and left from teh inside fuse box.

when i was trying to get the wires out, the blinker would work and not work (it hasn't been working atall for nearly a week). It must be either the relay itself or the wires so thank you for the proper diagnosis.

any advice on getting it off?? I dont' even care about getting it off, as long as i can disconnect the wires and connect the new one.

muchos gracias

Good to know it is a white box, not the black one. And I stand corrected for saying it was the black one.

I need to revive this old thread as I have exactly the same problem on my 2002 protege5.
The left signal suddenly stops working, The left front signal bulb, side left signal bulb and rear signal bulb stopped working. Not even a clicking sound. The right side works good
The left side does not work even with the flashers on.

Looking for flasher control module". where is it located ?

Thanks

me too

I have an 02 protege5 and recently my left blinker stopped working.

It started off as just once in a while, but now it's gradually happening more and more often.

It's not just a single light, The front blinker, the rear blinker, and also the the blinker inside my car to inform you your blinker is on (also the click), don't work all at once. Then i'll turn the blinker off and put it back on and it will work.

Any idea what to do?? thanks

I am having the exact same problem in a 2002 protege dx and just blew 90 bucks on a new multi switch. Was was your final solution?

I am having the exact same problem in a 2002 protege dx and just blew 90 bucks on a new multi switch. Was was your final solution?

Back