16" Replacement Wheel Specs?

08M5GTGSP

:
08 Mazda5 GT w/Sirius Satellite & Autodim Mirror/Compass/Homelnk
All,

I've got an '08 Grand Touring with stock wheels/tires. I want to actually downsize the wheel/tire combo, as I'm searching for something that I can fit smoother, quieter-riding tires onto. I love the 5's sporty looks, but want to reduce road noise, etc. Ultimate handling isn't my priority.

Tire rack recommended 205/55 17 tires on 16X7 wheels, but need to know about bolt pattern (mm measurements?) and offset as I understand, not just the size. All I can find in the Owner's Manual are tire specs, not wheel specs. Can someone help me figure out what to look for as far as specifications, so I can make a wise choice?

All,

I've got an '08 Grand Touring with stock wheels/tires. I want to actually downsize the wheel/tire combo, as I'm searching for something that I can fit smoother, quieter-riding tires onto. I love the 5's sporty looks, but want to reduce road noise, etc. Ultimate handling isn't my priority.

Tire rack recommended 205/55 17 tires on 16X7 wheels, but need to know about bolt pattern (mm measurements?) and offset as I understand, not just the size. All I can find in the Owner's Manual are tire specs, not wheel specs. Can someone help me figure out what to look for as far as specifications, so I can make a wise choice?

Sorry no one's replied. How can you have 205/55/17 on 16"x7" rims? The Canadian GS models come with 16" wheels so I'd call a Canadian dealer and ask for their parts department for all the details on those OEM rims and make sure you match 'em up with what you're getting from TireRack. Locate any dealer at Mazda.ca. But bolt patterns should be the same as your OEM rims right? Don't know about offset but just match the offset of the Canadian GS models.

You want to sell your 17's to me?

You can often go by Mazda3 specs:

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91794

Stock tire size for 16" would be 205-55-R16, bolt pattern is 5x114.3, offset is 52mm (or 52.5mm). I imagine the OP's post on the 16" tire size was a typo.
If you're shopping aftermarket rims, I would go 45-52mm offset. You may be able to go lower offset but you'd have to confirm that with the tire and wheel shop for fitment.

You can often go by Mazda3 specs:

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91794

Stock tire size for 16" would be 205-55-R16, bolt pattern is 5x114.3, offset is 52mm (or 52.5mm). I imagine the OP's post on the 16" tire size was a typo.
If you're shopping aftermarket rims, I would go 45-52mm offset. You may be able to go lower offset but you'd have to confirm that with the tire and wheel shop for fitment.

doesn't the 3 have smaller brakes (at least in back)? I guess maybe its not enough to make a difference in wheel offsets.

Latest posts

Back